Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

Interesting to see the process of generating the render, but my personal take? I can't understand why you'd want to add "several gradient washes to vignette the edges and provide additional color balance", it just made the image look grainier and a bit washed out. Also the reflection of the fish mobile on the floor just makes it way too busy.

I think he should have stopped here:
aquarium-img17_thumb.jpg

Instead of this:
aquarium-img21_thumb.jpg

I think most of that transition between the two photos above came at the direction of the client. For example he did say that the client requested some sort of reflection from the hanging fish display in the floor below. So it's not like it was his artistic license to do it, sometimes you have to bow to the client..

Its been a little over a month since the last photo update, anyone have recent photos? Thanks.

Are we at one of those stages of construction where big visual changes don't seem to happen while they work on other things?

The general admission price of Chicago's Shedd Aquarium (the original section) is 12 dollars. Does anybody have any idea what this one will cost?

It can't be much more than that, otherwise families aren't going to go. @ $15, 2 kids and 2 parents is $60 to see some fish. That's not counting transportation, lunch and souvenirs. That's about as far as they can push it I think.

I wonder if they'll be able to determine how much the aquarium's attendance will boost attendance to the CN Tower and vice versa. I always thought that the CN Tower (like most towers) was a bit of an unsatisfying experience. Once you see the view, there's not much else to do aside from attend a Jays game. Now a family will be able to really make an afternoon out of going to the tower, aquarium and perhaps the rail museum.

I wonder if they'll be able to determine how much the aquarium's attendance will boost attendance to the CN Tower and vice versa. I always thought that the CN Tower (like most towers) was a bit of an unsatisfying experience. Once you see the view, there's not much else to do aside from attend a Jays game. Now a family will be able to really make an afternoon out of going to the tower, aquarium and perhaps the rail museum.

It would be nice to see the area's attractions offer combo's to people. Ie. Adult fun = Admission to CN Tower + Jays Game + Steam Whistle tour, Family fun = Rail Museum + CN Tower + Aquarium.

I also think the CN Tower should start allowing return trips at night if you purchase a ticket and go up during the day. The observation tower in Vancouver allows you to do so, and it is great seeing the city at two times during the day. They are completely different experiences. Maybe they'd be able to get more people to stay a bit longer (spending some money in the restaurants?) if they brought them back in.

I would expect Ripley's to charge over $20. Consider the prices at other aquariums:

Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach is $21.99/12.99 (adult/child; discounts for online ticket purchase)
Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg is $24.95/11.95
National Aquarium in Baltimore is $29.95/20.95
New England Aquarium in Boston is $22.95/15.95
Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans is $21.00/14.00
Monterey Bay Aquarium is $34.95/21.95

I would expect Ripley's to charge over $20. Consider the prices at other aquariums:

Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach is $21.99/12.99 (adult/child; discounts for online ticket purchase)
Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg is $24.95/11.95
National Aquarium in Baltimore is $29.95/20.95
New England Aquarium in Boston is $22.95/15.95
Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans is $21.00/14.00
Monterey Bay Aquarium is $34.95/21.95

Based on this it will be at least $40 in Toronto. That's the Canadian way.

Based on this it will be at least $40 in Toronto. That's the Canadian way.

I doubt it, they wouldn't dare charge more than the general admission fee of the CN Tower. It just wouldn't make any sense. Kinda like putting a $35 steak next to a $40 burger and making someone pick.

Back