Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

[video=youtube;frwRB2HmawU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frwRB2HmawU[/video]

by me from last week sunday.... (to rainy for me to do anything today..)

there are some screaming kids at the end there....

you can just make it out on brockm's pics, there is glass installed going up the side of the roof, northeast corner!

It's so refreshing to see Ritz-Carlton and RBC, two prominent new towers without cheap mechanical structures on their roofs. Mechanical structure tend to bring down architectural quality in the city. The Design Review Panel should look to improve this aspect of design in the city.

from friday afternoon didn't post these here...

sany0170t.jpg

looks like their putting in the final row of glass cladding on the building floors...

Interesting...

sany0171z.jpg

nice pics Cal, they have extended the glass 2 or 3 more levels on the extreme left corner of your pics, up into the roof element, as of today...

yeah, it was pretty brutal today...unfortunately didn't have my camera with me.....also noticed pretty major progress on the ground level of Shangri-la.....

From St. Andrew Conference Centre. A bit fuzzy, taken on my BB with shaky hands :) (Some bonus RBC Dexia)

WOW! AMAZING vantage point Geekaroo! What a beautiful view of the Ritz! It looks just like the render! Man! Extraordinary shot! It looks surreal! These towers look huge!

***I see glass cladding starting on the roof slant like someone mention before! (i just couldn't see it)! !!! North-East Corner

I have to find a new word to classify your shot! EPIC is too old! :D

Last edited:
I sincerely hope that the top of this building will contain a some amenities such as restaurant, bars etc. and for public usage as well - would be a wasted opportunity otherwise.

p5

I sincerely hope that the top of this building will contain a some amenities such as restaurant, bars etc. and for public usage as well - would be a wasted opportunity otherwise.

p5
I was up the CN Tower for an event last week, and from what I could see there is nothing in the slanted part of the building except for mechanical and electrical.

WOW! AMAZING vantage point Geekaroo! What a beautiful view of the Ritz! It looks just like the render! Man! Extraordinary shot! It looks surreal! These towers look huge!

***I see glass cladding starting on the roof slant like someone mention before! (i just couldn't see it)! !!! North-East Corner

I have to find a new word to classify your shot! EPIC is too old! :D

HAHAHAHAH, Thanks. Now that I'm back at St. Andrews for a few weeks, I'll try to catch the views from all vantage points.

p5

Sadly the restaurant and bar will be located on the lobby level, Talk about a missed opportunity :( I'm surprised there isn't more top floor restaurants in the city when you look at how successful Canoe is at top the TD Bank Tower

Back