Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

That is great and great pictures too. Welcome to UT as well yonderbean.

This is a good looking tower but not the most spectacular yet. However, it has a very important place in our skyline, kind of closing the gap between the Financial District and the CN Tower. I would love for more towers to be built in this area if there are any parking lots left.

All thats left is Shangri-la to close the gap! And there are quite a few parking lots.. especially the parking lot next to RBC Centre that currently houses the Ritz Carlton Presentation Centre!

It is a little sad how the podiums of the Ritz/RBC didn't house any form of retail.. they were just devoted to themselves... But its not entirely bad cause you've got plenty of life on the other streets in and around the area...

The way I see it, the lack of retail in these buildings will force people that are in the buildings to go out and use the already-existing retail found on Front Street and King Street. Adding retail to these two buildings isn't going to draw a crowd or even do much to animate the block, and there certainly isn't enough pedestrian traffic there to draw customers in over the weekends.

still working on the camera thing

sany0144m.jpg

sany0159.jpg

[video=youtube;EUoYNX2pnfM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUoYNX2pnfM[/video]

Last edited:
The way I see it, the lack of retail in these buildings will force people that are in the buildings to go out and use the already-existing retail found on Front Street and King Street. Adding retail to these two buildings isn't going to draw a crowd or even do much to animate the block, and there certainly isn't enough pedestrian traffic there to draw customers in over the weekends.

Don't forget that the bulk of the local retail is beneath Metro Hall, and that the Entertainment District BIA plan calls for retail to be built along Wellington St behind RTH.

But the character of that immediate area is mostly corporate.....

Again the attitude of retail is needed everywhere just doesn't work ... it's nice in principle but at the end of the day the demand isn't really there and if it partly we're just detracting from other currently flourishing retail strips.

I think given the location though it would be a nice for a few things - the problem as mentioned above is the retail underground here, get rid of that!

Just adding a small contribution to what must be the most photographed roof construction project in Toronto's history. The shot looking southwest from Bay & Albert was taken March 24 ... the shot from Ireland Park on March 17.

Attachments

• irelcarlt.jpg
    irelcarlt.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 213
  • bayrc.jpg
    bayrc.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 223
It's really quite foolish that they aren't. Imagine what an addition to the city that would be.

It's actually one of the most exciting possibilities I can think of at the moment for that part of downtown.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the amazing updates today Hypnotoad! You have one awesome view! That streetwall building up next to the railway tracks is really impressive! And the Ritz was great in rising fast compared to just over a year ago! :D

I really don't understand why some people need to have retail everywhere. Many streets are just great without being full of annoying shoppers who absolutely need to get their hands on the latest piece of overpriced clothing.

^Terrific shot, Ht. Ritz's slanted roof really ties the whole Simcoe/RBC cluster together.

OTH Telus is waaaay too short and the mechanical box is annoying as hell.

Again, great shot.

Back