Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Looking good! Anyone have any recent shots of the base of the tower/street level ?

Looking good! Anyone have any recent shots of the base of the tower/street level ?

A few shots from last week:

4442442487_fc3545fa0b_b.jpg

4442442809_348456d1ba_b.jpg

4442441333_6b2aee0210_o.jpg

Ritz from Spadina & College and McCaul & College. Festival tower can also be seen in the last two photographs.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

thanks yonderbean. it seems the concrete supports for the podium have been covered with some sort of metal. is this true? i was dreaming they would be covered in marble but this is certainly an improvement.

thanks yonderbean. it seems the concrete supports for the podium have been covered with some sort of metal. is this true? i was dreaming they would be covered in marble but this is certainly an improvement.

It looks that way from the sheen on the far right column in the photo. I work a few blocks away so I'll be back soon enough with my camera.

That is great and great pictures too. Welcome to UT as well yonderbean.

This is a good looking tower but not the most spectacular yet. However, it has a very important place in our skyline, kind of closing the gap between the Financial District and the CN Tower. I would love for more towers to be built in this area if there are any parking lots left.

RBC and Ritz have completely destroyed the chance of their being any street life on wellington in that area. There's absolutely nothing there... no retail... nothing.

Sadly, you are correct. RBC and the Ritz offered the only opportunity to bring something to the street, and other than a bank branch and a Stabucks, that has not happened.

And to add insult to injury, these new buildings have the oddest shaped spaces available for small retail businesses. Its as though no practical thought went into the design of the first floor spaces for retailers.

There is little "street life" anywhere along Wellington in that part of town, and this block could hardly have changed that. King and Front are the "high" streets here, not Wellington.

Back