Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Some really great updates guys! The glass is crawling up the building so fast! The roof adds a considerable amount of height to the building and its looking great especially when viewed from a distance! The glass looks awesome! crystal clear!

Hopefully this sets the bar as far as roof design in Toronto.

If I had bought into X, I'd be complaining about the roof.

Yeah, the roof really makes this building. I'm hoping the effect will be similar with Number One Bloor.

I too love a great roof treatment atop a good building. I get a little annoyed to look out at midnight on a Saturday night and see many rooftops turned off for the night, especially when they're the building's art component such as The Met.

Whatever that new glass box building is near Regent Park...perhaps even the newest Regent Park development building... it has the most horrific series of mechanical boxes and pipes atop the structure, that it ruins it completely.

I haven't seen this building close up , do the windows open? I hate staying in hotels with windows that don't open.

In that shot the Ritz totally dominates RBC! They look great next to the CN tower! I can't believe it was only Simcoe just a few years ago! How boring! The CN tower just looks great in that shot! :D

Ritz-Carelton at night:
826246707_GwiAu-L.jpg

826250454_oSZjZ-L.jpg

Last edited:
From what I was seeing during my shooting on Sat, no slopping beams will be use to fill in the missing gap.

The ends will be a step back to allow for a Balcony on the last 3 floor. There will be slopping glass at that gap on the end.

Waiting for the mechanical units before the crane can come down.

Without seeing the engineering drawings, only guess work and what I am seeing on the existing steel.

Back