Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Hey! Great shot of the Ritz Cal! I remember back in the day we could see the CN towers little ball (can't remember what its called... skypod? ipod?).. now its history! This tower looks huge cause its got plenty of room to dominate over the Roy Thompson/Metro Hall square! Ritz logo anyone!! :D

Ritz and CN Tower comparison:

4451599289_7aea4db73a_b.jpg

It's amazing how many people can look at that photo and not realize this though. It makes me scratch my head that people can be that dumb.

It's amazing how many people can look at that photo and not realize this though. It makes me scratch my head that people can be that dumb.

A friend was visiting me from Norway like 5 years ago and I pointed at the CN tower and said "that is the tallest tower in the world" and he said "it cant be! Even that building over there is bigger than it!" and he pointed at some random skyscraper that was closer to us. Must happen quite a bit.

I knew that the Ritz is ~40% height of the CN Tower, I see them both from a distance everyday!! The tiny comment still holds since the CN Tower IS incredibly tall compared to the Ritz (553m vs 214m isn't really a competition). It's kinda like saying the CN Tower is small compared to the Burj Khalifa (553m vs 828m). You know come to think of it the Burj Khalifa is 828 METRES and the Ritz is only 702 FEET!!! The only good thing is the Ritz is going to complement the Toronto skyline while the Burj Khalifa dominates the Dubai skyline!

It would have been awesome if they left the top roof-slant floor open as a restaurant or observation deck with a super-tall slanted ceiling!

Aqua Restaurant @ 1 Peking Road in Hong Kong (Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon) utilizes the peak of the tower for a restaurant with extra height ceiling with floor to ceiling windows ~ pretty cool indeed ... that would be a mighty fine idea for Ritz-Carlton ~ :cool:

3_pic_5666.jpg
peking-1-building.jpg
auqa-day.jpg
1_aqua%20hongkong.jpg

I still think we got a rather boring looking tower with Ritz. While I love the shape and slendernes, the cladding is just boring. I would have preferred another colour. Festival tower down the street is already blowing this tower out of the water and this is dispite it being a box.

Coming in on the Gardiner this morning you could really see the Ritz stand out..the slant and prodruding top was a nice accent to our skyline's rather unrelieved boxiness.

Coming in on the Gardiner this morning you could really see the Ritz stand out..the slant and prodruding top was a nice accent to our skyline's rather unrelieved boxiness.

It will be the Ultimate Distraction! We'll for sure be seeing alot more car crashes on the Gardiner than ever before! :p:D jks...

Back