Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

I'm looking forward to seeing what the effect will be of having all these new residents (in RCMI, and also in that ugly-ass one going in on Simcoe) in an area that's been pretty institutional & quiet. Hopefully more life on the street after business hours.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the effect will be of having all these new residents (in RCMI, and also in that ugly-ass one going in on Simcoe) in an area that's been pretty institutional & quiet. Hopefully more life on the street after business hours.

There will be definitely more foot traffic after business hours, but it won't make the street more exciting. It will probably be more like upper Bay street, which is now almost fully built out with condo towers. There are a lot more people walking around, but they're doing things like walking the dog or going to corner stores. The more colourful forms of street life, like the opening of new restaurants or galleries or people milling around to see and be seen won't happen here, either. I don't think that's a bad thing, necessarily. There's something to be said about a dense neighbourhood of towers which people treat like any quiet residential neighbourhood.

I pass by this nearly every day and I think my favourite aspect is the proportions and placement. A thin tower wedged between two buildings, very Manhattan, very nice.

i'm just happy we're finally seeing a 150m skyscraper along the University Streetwall (Shangri-la doesn't count, cause it's in the part that University Ave narrows). and ya, this is a super sleek building which is always a plus

Today:

First signs of cladding
W7wGQ.jpg

1Q4fZ.jpg

Starting to come close to surpassing its neighbour to the north

IWjI3.jpg

that is the RCMI's space I think. and this is the tower with no parking, Theatre Park will just be using an parking elevator (I think)

Theatre Park will have parking. Sales of parking spaces were limited to larger units -- over about 800 sq.ft. I believe.
RCMI has no dedicated parking, just a few spots for some kind of car share program.

No need for parking. A recent TO Life article mentions that a good precentage of the units in RCMI have been purchased by Korean's for their children attending the U of T.

Looks like the renders, and I like the renders. Also that's ONE row WITHOUT balconies? Do you have the attention span of a child? Give it a bit...

Here are some photos from today

IMG_20121127_130957.jpg

IMG_20121127_131213.jpg

IMG_20121127_131228.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but they seem to be working faster than before. Anyone know the completion date now?

Back