Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

But eastbound traffic isn't going to be happy ... they will now only be able to go to Dan Leckie:
Upcoming Change to Westbound Traffic Zone: Starting May 6, the one-way westbound traffic zone will be extended west of Lower Spadina Avenue to Dan Leckie Way. This traffic change will accommodate the demolition of the TTC corridor in that area. Eastbound traffic will be diverted north at Dan Leckie Way.

Talking to Chris and the construction team after the meeting tonight, streetcars will not return to QQ or Spadina Loop until December this year.

The delay in the ROW is partly due to Hydro being 6 months behind schedule due budget issues last year.

There is a test bed at the foot of Bay what the new ROW will look like with the following changes. There will be no duct banks under the ROW that is currently found under the rebuilt tracks; The centre to centre of tracks is larger than the current system; the normal 18" outside edge is about 3' now. This has to due to the fire department as well offering a greater buffer zones between cars.

To speed things up so the ROW can start to be built this summer, Hydro is building 12 duct banks under the plan ROW from the south side to the north side since the main duct panel is on the south side.

509 service will be 2-3 minutes in June with the buses being reprogram from exhibition to Harbourfront. Extra staff will be added at the Bay stop with more on the QQ during the summer as well more signs.

Andy is providing full update to the area on May 15 as noted on TTC website.

I was told firmly that no service to the loop will happen in September as plan.

North side sidewalks will be rebuilt starting in June.

Traffic will become eastbound in March 2014 so the final work on the new north side can be finish off and that road will open in June 2014.

There will be no real traffic light west of Spadina where traffic shift to the north side. It will always be green until a streetcar shows up and will turn red then.

Someone raise the question as to QQ east LRT and Chris said not going to happen until the extra $250M is found for the line.

If streetcars aren't going to be available for the 509 route has one or more temporary streetcar branches been considered (or ruled out) to either Dufferin-Springhurst loop or Exhibition loop from Queen or King?

If streetcars aren't going to be available for the 509 route has one or more temporary streetcar branches been considered (or ruled out) to either Dufferin-Springhurst loop or Exhibition loop from Queen or King?
With plans in place to double the amount of off-peak Lakeshore GO Trains next month, maybe the best solution is GO providing free transit between Exhibition station and Union Station.

With plans in place to double the amount of off-peak Lakeshore GO Trains next month, maybe the best solution is GO providing free transit between Exhibition station and Union Station.

Who would this be intended to help?

Who would this be intended to help?
Oh, I was thinking about the CNE - for some reason I assumed that was what dowlingm was talking about, given the use of the future tense - but now I reread it, there's no basis for that assumption.

Actually the CNE was what I was thinking of :D - the GO thing is a nice idea (especially to remind city folk that GO trains aren't scary monsters for suburbers only) but at the moment I'd be thinking more about options that take load away from the Union construction areas. Union TTC is bonkers enough with CNE and ferries running together, never mind when it's also in the throes of major construction.

EDIT: reading the "construction update". WTF WT? 19 pages before you start getting to the point? Someone should take the stencils and colouring crayons away from whoever puts these together.

Last edited:
Au contraire, I'm glad that WT has figured out that they need to invest in public relations too, so people begin to learn how good all this will be. I suspect we can thank Doug Ford for that.

Au contraire, I'm glad that WT has figured out that they need to invest in public relations too, so people begin to learn how good all this will be. I suspect we can thank Doug Ford for that.

Don't know where you been, but WT has being public relations since 2005 when I first got involved.

They have held more meeting than enough from public meeting to most condo building as well business.

I have spent a lot of time at 20 Bay St in helping preparing presentation and feed back on various projects.

There is a construction group of 40+ representatives from all buildings and business that meet weekly dealing with the construction, with Eastern dealing with issues daily.

To thank Doug Ford for this PR is a joke.

You have clearly not been paying attention - WT has had a vast PR effort for many years. Certainly for FAR longer than Doug Ford has been on Council.

I was kind of joking guys. WT seem really good at project planning and community consultation (not to mention design).

But I do think we've seen more of John Campbell in front of public and media than before Doug Ford had his little episode of being a city planner last year.

Cellphone pics.

IMG_20130605_151104_zpsdee6f563.jpg

IMG_20130605_151046_zpscb0a811d.jpg

IMG_20130605_151113_zps74302e7e.jpg

I definitely look forward to this project being finished, if only because I miss biking through here normally (or at least close to normally). No matter what street I've biked on in this city so far, Queens Quay under construction is the only one where I become a madman and peddle as quick as I can.

I definitely look forward to this project being finished, if only because I miss biking through here normally (or at least close to normally). No matter what street I've biked on in this city so far, Queens Quay under construction is the only one where I become a madman and peddle as quick as I can.
I hate biking on this street these days. I've started taking Queen West to Strachan and then going south on Strachan to get to the waterfront trail, in order to avoid the Queens Quay mess.

Back