News   Apr 26, 2024
 569     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Toronto Parks

Actually............................
Well then, I give up.

i-give-up-e1356638782910.jpg

I'd bet no other than you even noticed the race or perceived any indications of wealth or even health of the folks in the stock photos. I certainly didn't when I googled images of Toronto parks.

Attachments

• i-give-up-e1356638782910.jpg
    i-give-up-e1356638782910.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 9,777
Last edited:
You pointed out the photos of well off white people in parks and said that what you wanted to see.

This is the equivalent of pointing to an anonymous picture of east asian people and saying 'look at all those china men!". The only racist statements made here have been by you.

You said you don't want homeless people in parks. Why are you afraid of the poor? They won't bite.

So all poor people are homeless vagrants? Wow. Just wow.

This is the equivalent of pointing to an anonymous picture of east asian people and saying 'look at all those china men!". The only racist statements made here have been by you.

So all poor people are homeless vagrants? Wow. Just wow.
Tewder, I think we'd be best just to ignore AP, she/he has no demonstrated interest in parks discussion. I apologise for calling out the troll comment above, as at the time I couldn't accept that a longstanding UT member would act as such. I was wrong.

So, let's get back to Toronto parks. How about this...what are for favourite statues in our parks? I like King Edward in Queen's Park, with its original history from India.

514px-Queen%27s_Park.JPG

I love this statue too, it's just too bad the city shows it no respect with regards to the mound of dirt it sits upon. Hopefully this will be addressed with the improvements that are to come, perhaps some beautiful plantings.

I love this statue too, it's just too bad the city shows it no respect with regards to the mound of dirt it sits upon. Hopefully this will be addressed with the improvements that are to come, perhaps some beautiful plantings.
I agree. This is pretty shameful.

Queens_Park_4.jpg

Even worse is how we opened a new park in recognition of the Irish famine, and then promptly buried it behind hoardings and fences. Another example of dumb city planning.

Ireland-Park-1-600x300.jpg

Here's a map of Queen's Park statues in the south grounds.

qp-grounds-map-750x883.jpg

http://educationportal.ontla.on.ca/...the-grounds/sir-james-pliny-whitney-1843-1914

Attachments

• Queens_Park_4.jpg
    Queens_Park_4.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 1,672
  • Ireland-Park-1-600x300.jpg
    Ireland-Park-1-600x300.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,256
  • qp-grounds-map-750x883.jpg
    qp-grounds-map-750x883.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 1,373
Last edited:
Even worse is how we opened a new park in recognition of the Irish famine, and then promptly buried it behind hoardings and fences. Another example of dumb city planning.

Regrettable, but it has less to do with planning and more to do with the construction of the pedestrian tunnel to the Island Airport.

AoD

key-ute! Reminds me i'm looking forward to the doggy fountain in Berczy Park... even though i'm a cat person.

I started this thread back in spring of 2009 and attempted to photograph most parks in the downtown-ish area in response to so many negative posts about our parks. I think I better get myself a VPN or proxy server after reading this

Back