Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

A shot of Parade with the farmers market in the foreground.

photo-1.jpg

How was it ??

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny, everyone pays more for a south view of the lake, but give me a city view any day. Especially at night, when the lake's all dark, the city is a sea of light. On a clear day I can look west and see the edge of the escarpment.

Good to see the glass getting installed. I'm still waiting for them to do more of the glass on the South side of the bridge.

It's funny, everyone pays more for a south view of the lake, but give me a city view any day. Especially at night, when the lake's all dark, the city is a sea of light. On a clear day I can look west and see the edge of the escarpment.

I'm further north than here and I get city and lake views, both of which I never tire of. Don't underestimate a lake view however, it's beautiful by day and for at least half the month the lake is illuminated by the moon at night plus other sides of the lake can be seen from Toronto on clear nights, the lights of Oakville & Hamilton to the west and St. Catherines & Niagara Falls to the south.

Please excuse the early morning graininess. These shots were taken at 6:45AM.

Fort York Blvd is now freshly paved all the way to Dan Lewinsky Way so you can exit westbound on Fort York Blvd to southbouth Dan Lewinsky Way and out to Lakeshore now for the first time evAr!

Eventually this road will connect to Bathurst Street, but this ambitious (some say impossible) interchange won't happen until technology catches up with man's hubris, probably in 2062.

Residents are nervous that this will become a shortcut thru-street, but I'm sure we can have signs that prohibit entry during peak times, complete with pesky policemen to issue nasty tickets like any self-respecting neighbourhood were decent folk live.

And if that doesn't work I'm sure the residents assoication will vote in speedbumps every 10 feet.

Heaven forbid one of the 10 million pugs that live in CityPlace get rundown on their way over to pee in Canoe Landing.

IMG_7445_2.jpg

Residents across the lake in St. Catherines have said that they can see the giant C O N C O R D hoarding is now down from the SkyBridge (soon to be renamed the Rogers Center Bridge) revealing the new windows in all their bourgeoisie glory:

IMG_7447_2.JPG

They've also planted a crapload of new trees and lots of landscaping I think in preparation for the opening of the Banana Bridge.

Which is now nicely lit, so frustrated suicide jumpers can enjoy it day or night.

Last edited:

Back