Toronto Panorama at Concord CityPlace | 96.01m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

Re: Rendering

I quite like those two new towers. Is it me or does the G&M deserve a more distinguished looking building.

"..maybe if they had better content they would deserve a better container."

Indeed- they certainly don't deserve the palatial digs of the well scholared National Post.

I actually like the National Post building. It does a good job of representing their paper -- bland and suburban, just like the Post.

So as to not be completely off-topic here, I'll say that I like the newer Cityplace buildings better than the older ones, especially the glass. Bodes well for Signature and all the rest.

^You could sadly argue theirs is the most distinguished building of the four big papers.

maybe if they had better content they would deserve a better container. but until then they might as work in a shack...

The saddest part is that the Toronto Sun probably has the best of the four newspaper buildings.

The Globe and Mail used to be near King and Bay like the Star was, IIRC. The buildign they're in now used to belong to the Toronto Telegram.

Yes I think these last two condo towers were the best since Matrix.

The Globe will want a new building someday - their lowrise on Front is most definitely worth more as a piece of land to sell (and for new owners to intensify). Maybe it's Bell Globemedia consolidating in the Symphony project on the waterfront. They could all be making music together down there...

I guess coming from Montreal with such historic traditions as the Gazette I was expecting more of a visual impact than the humble 'warehouse' on Front for the G&M.

The saddest part is that the Toronto Sun probably has the best of the four newspaper buildings.
Well, best urbanistically--though its red/white brick makeover is pure 80s/90s cliche.

Keep in mind that the Globe/Tely is early 60s Peter Dickinson; and in the clean white brick/steel International Style detail (transplanted G&M door excluded), it shows. And back then, this was still an "industrial" area, so its reticence is excusable. (When the Sun was first built in the 70s, its neighbourhood was already gentrifying, so the bow to Crombie-era urbanity justified itself.)

Oooo. Look what I found on the Lake Shore last night.

414365784_2360f3c03a.jpg

There's a bigger pic here.

Nothing mindblowing, but I do like the curves. It should stand out a little bit with all the boxes around.

I like the base (without the tower). I would like more of these type midrises built in sections throughout the city where maybe highrises do not make sense.

Back