Toronto Panorama at Concord CityPlace | 96.01m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

ja is dit zwarte baksteen:

dsc02056.jpg

This is turning out to be quite a nice surprise. It flows so well along the Lakeshore... and wow, it's really going up quickly!

Sadly, we'll probably have a very long wait before anything becomes of the empty Loblaws building next door.

This is turning out to be quite a nice surprise. It flows so well along the Lakeshore... and wow, it's really going up quickly!

Sadly, we'll probably have a very long wait before anything becomes of the empty Loblaws building next door.

I agree, it is a rather pleasant surprise. I didn't realize it was already so far along.

let's just pray that building doesn't get destroyed. i think its beautiful, it just needs to be touched up. it brings so much character to the area and compliments the bridge and surrounding buildings.

Wow, Panorama really hugs the Gardiner. Personally I hope more buildings do this, the area will continue to improve and grow once people shake their negativity about it all.

The original proposal for the site involved limited preservation for only two facades I believe - though that was improved upon in the final report for the project. Personally, I think something like Tip Top - with the addition set back from the roofline of the original building - would be more desirable.

AoD

i'd love to see it once again turned into a place of business with perhaps design, fashion, or architecture firms moving in there. that would be terrific. or perhaps new gallery space?

a bar, lounge or club would also be nice, the condo village surrounding the gardener is seriously lacking culture and entertainment.

Last edited:
How about a rec centre/community centre for the emerging neighbourhood? Or a satellite of St. Lawrence Market, something like Atwater Market in Montreal? I don't think another condo conversion would be the best use for this building.

A media center housing tv/radio stations similar to the Citytv building on Queen St. might be a nice fit, considering there is already another media building across the street from this location.

A media center housing tv/radio stations similar to the Citytv building on Queen St. might be a nice fit, considering there is already another media building across the street from this location.

Omni will be leaving that location for Yonge-Dundas Square. Will any other Rogers channels be left behind in this location?

Back