Toronto Panorama at Concord CityPlace | 96.01m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

Jun21-08026.jpg

Jun21-08028.jpg

Jun21-08029.jpg

Portland street at Lakeshore Blvd looking north.
Jun21-08030.jpg

Portland looking south from Bremmer.
Jun21-08032.jpg

wow, thanks for getting some up to date pics on this one. And they already have the new section of Portland St roughed in. Cool!

It's actually the Dan Leckie Way extension north from Lake Shore (sorry for being technical). Ultimately it will extend to the rail corridor, but the future Portland St. Bridge will be for pedestrians and cyclists only.

Thanks for the photos Towered

Casaguy I was wondering the same! Two very large cranes from what appears to be a small condo compared to others. I don't believe there are two cranes on the development just west of it (I believe that's West Harbour).

This is Concord, remember. When it comes to construction of their buildings, they go all out, at least until the buildings are topped out. Two cranes are not unreasonable for a 28 storey tower with a decent sized 6 storey podium

Just curious as to why they are not making a full-fledged vehicle crossing on Portland, and instead have opted to make it a pedestrian bridge? I see this as bad planning- I am not in favor of more cars, and I do like the idea of a pedestrian only bridge, but make the connection count, just extend over the tracks.

p5

I totally agree, p5. A real bridge is the bare minimum to make this area feel connected to the city. Frankly, I'm suprised they wouldn't do it for simple economic reasons. King/Portland and Queen/Portland are becoming very desirable areas, and a direct connection could make the buildings more valuable.

Back