Toronto Panorama at Concord CityPlace | 96.01m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

A great idea for the gardiner between Ft York and Yonge street could be to replace the supports with something a little more interesting like the ribs of bce place.

Heck, these ones even seem to contain some sort of solar-power element.

pict_pvsoundbarrier.jpg

One word: slush.

Otherwise, a sort-of neat idea.

Photo taken January 11 at the east end of the site looking northwest. Site preparation is continuing with more heavy equipment on site. They have installed steel beams along the entire southern boundary.

2186724630_065dae2c06_b.jpg

Photos taken February 9 looking east with the CityPlace towers beyond the Gardiner. Excavation has begun at the Panorama site.

2253165833_3209993737_b.jpg

Looking north with the 550 Wellington West cranes visible in the background.
2253165839_6969093b48_b.jpg

People living on Lakeshore and Queen's Quay are finally getting the first installment of a sound barrier built.

I dont think it is part of their mandate (maybe it is?) but I think that WaterfronToronto should hold an international design competition for the roadways and intersections under the Gardiner. Connecting the city with the water is very much needed. Lets forget arguing over whether or not the elevated road is going to stay or go. Lets just start making the journey down to the water pleasant, safe and desirable.

Cool, maybe somebody would design an urban beach with plastic umbrellas. The juxtaposition of the gritty underbelly of the QEW with sand and childhood memories of Muskoka will be fabulous.

April 16

The crane has been installed and they are asking for four more floors (28 storeys). Looking west with Malibu and Waterparkcity in the background.
2420754193_a01a7935ab_b.jpg

From Lake Shore Blvd looking north.
2420754201_98ec2ab2bb_b.jpg

Looking east.
2420754203_7a138daf2f_b.jpg

The first resident has moved into the Panorama site. I did not know there was wildlife so far south of the Entertainment District.
2421600556_c1cf35cfe6_b.jpg

Thanks for the photos current.

Vaughn said that Panorama's variation was so small it wasn't even worth taking to the OMB, effectively indicating that they will get their 4s extension.

Back