Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Looking for something else, I noted a couple of renders of the O/L in the east end that I don't believe were posted; if so, do excuse.

1692119428385.png

1692119500912.png

1692119538988.png

Source: https://assets.metrolinx.com/image/upload/v1690815044/Images/Metrolinx/2023.07.25_-_Plaza_Board.pdf

Overall, I'm very pleased by this.

Note that Bikeshare is integrated into the design.

Would like to see a drinking fountain/water-bottle filling station.

This is the most important transit project imo, a northern extension on the east side would only be 3 stops right ? Lawrence n Don Mills / Don Mills n Ellesmere and finally Don Mills n Sheppard, which ones would be above ground?

Specs are 1500 V DC overhead lines like REM, Grand Paris Express, etc etc. Platform Height will be high but not sure exact value.

Manufacturing wise Hitachi has a new facility they are building in the NE US
Are you sure it NE??

I know they are building a plant in Washington County Maryland to open in 2024 to handle the building of Washington Metro cars and haven't heard of another plant. The plant is to do other US orders.

This is the most important transit project imo, a northern extension on the east side would only be 3 stops right ? Lawrence n Don Mills / Don Mills n Ellesmere and finally Don Mills n Sheppard, which ones would be above ground?
The next Phase should be to Finch and then Steeles. At some point to hwy 7 or 16th in York.

To me, getting the line to Steeles is a must by 2050 before the Yonge Line crash due the fact it can't handle the ridership on the Yonge section, especially south of Eglinton with King, Queen and Dundas crashing before then.

The stops at Lawrence and York Mills can be above ground. The interchange at Sheppard could be underground to help simplify the transfer since Don Mills Station is quite deep underground.

You say this like its a done deal. The Relief Line North study was exploring alignments along Leslie, Don Mills, and Victoria Park, and I wouldn't be surprised to see MX look at other options to such running to Oriole GO via the RH corridor they own to minimize disruption and costs. Another interesting one could be running diagonally through Scarborough along the CP right of way to Agincourt GO.

Are you sure it NE??

I know they are building a plant in Washington County Maryland to open in 2024 to handle the building of Washington Metro cars and haven't heard of another plant. The plant is to do other US orders.
Pretty sure they meant to say North East United States instead of Nebraska.

You say this like its a done deal. The Relief Line North study was exploring alignments along Leslie, Don Mills, and Victoria Park, and I wouldn't be surprised to see MX look at other options to such running to Oriole GO via the RH corridor they own to minimize disruption and costs. Another interesting one could be running diagonally through Scarborough along the CP right of way to Agincourt GO.
And given they also plan to extend the Sheppard Line, MX may find it works better to extend the OL to somewhere other than Don Mills to create a better transfer than they can with the existing station. I can see why the Don Mills alignment seems obvious to a lot of people, but who knows what MX actually decides on at this point.

My problem with the RH corridor alignment is the stop at Lawrence being in the middle of nowhere at the bottom of the valley. Leslie isn't any better since there really isn't anything at all around Leslie and Lawrence except low-density suburb as far as the eye can see. As well the areas around Lesluie boarders on the wealthiest in the city with people who can throw a lot of money around, I doubt its a fight either the Province or MX wants or can win. Don Mills and Victoria Park are the only alignments that offer any kind of good connectivity to the surrounding areas as well as having development potential.

And given they also plan to extend the Sheppard Line, MX may find it works better to extend the OL to somewhere other than Don Mills to create a better transfer than they can with the existing station. I can see why the Don Mills alignment seems obvious to a lot of people, but who knows what MX actually decides on at this point.
When one looks at the east end, Line 2 is set to go north of Sheppard at some future date.

The DRL was planned to go north on Don Mills and stopping at Sheppard Line. Line 4 was supposed to stopped at Victoria Park, but ran out of money to do it.

You are left with 2 choices for taking the OL north of Eglinton and that is up Don Mills or Victoria Park with Don Mills the prefer option at this time. Looking long range of OL going into York Region, Don Mills still the preferred choice.
That’s the plant they’re referring to.
That what I posted above

My problem with the RH corridor alignment is the stop at Lawrence being in the middle of nowhere at the bottom of the valley. Leslie isn't any better since there really isn't anything at all around Leslie and Lawrence except low-density suburb as far as the eye can see. As well the areas around Lesluie boarders on the wealthiest in the city with people who can throw a lot of money around, I doubt its a fight either the Province or MX wants or can win. Don Mills and Victoria Park are the only alignments that offer any kind of good connectivity to the surrounding areas as well as having development potential.
As the Relief Line North study was stopped, the only evidence we have is the Ministry of Transportation 2051 Regional Transportation Plan, from Feb 2022. This shows an extension straight-north from Science Centre (30), merging with the East-West route (29) at Hwy407, and then separating again south of Pearson (30) to stop beside Kipling Station. The description provided for project 30 is "Ontario Line Loop Connection (Kipling - Person - Hwy 404 - Eglinton). The Richmond Hill line is still shown separately. As the DVP isn't mentioned in the description, perhaps we can infer that the alignment will stay on Don Mills until Sheppard Ave and cross over to Hwy 404 there?
Not much to go on, and as far as we know there hasn't been a preliminary engineering study done, but it's all we have.
1692132538291.png

I believe by RH corridor, they meant the the section west of Don Mills Road, before the line slides into the valley. Obviously, there should be a station at Don Mills/Lawrence East.

Back