Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Was in our condo doing our PDI today. Here's the photo I took today of 1 Bloor East from the master bedroom window.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,817
it's unfortunate that so many photos of this building have the ugly HBC in the background. Ugh, they still don't even have their new logo up. Pathetic.

Great spot Benito, you're going to have a view just along the south edge of One Bloor, and months worth of us begging for construction shots from you!

Great spot Benito, you're going to have a view just along the south edge of One Bloor, and months worth of us begging for construction shots from you!

42nd floor in the Uptown. We take possession June 3 and move in on the 11th. I'll be more than happy to post photos of the progress being made on 1 Bloor East as I'll be enjoying watching construction from the comfort of my new condo! I'm glad the glazing seems to be such high quality since that building will be a major part of my eastern view.

This is going to be insanely good. The bar has just been raised a notch.

Hate to spoil the party, but as nice as the curved glass is it ain't quite the ne plus ultra - they are only curved along one axis (cylindrical) vs two (spherical). The latter would have allowed the vertical curve to be truly smooth. I don't recall any projects in Toronto having the latter, but who knows, Gehry's might.

AoD

Hate to spoil the party, but as nice as the curved glass is it ain't quite the ne plus ultra - they are only curved along one axis (cylindrical) vs two (spherical). The latter would have allowed the vertical curve to be truly smooth. I don't recall any projects in Toronto having the latter, but who knows, Gehry's might.

AoD

Glass curved on two axes is wildly expensive. It was enough to run a whole development into bankruptcy (London's Pinnacle Tower, now undergoing redesign).

M+G will be in it's own category, but for now its really awesome to see a developer actually putting money and effort into creating an interesting and dynamic building.

After the podium, the tower will be a glass box like Casa but with curved balcony slabs for that ripple effect. The only curved glass will be for the balcony railings and possibly the crown. However, the effect of the ripples should be quite interesting and distinctive.

Glass curved on two axes is wildly expensive. It was enough to run a whole development into bankruptcy (London's Pinnacle Tower, now undergoing redesign).

M+G will be in it's own category, but for now its really awesome to see a developer actually putting money and effort into creating an interesting and dynamic building.

OT - Indeed. I think I spoke too soon, since the 1 Yonge proposal by HPA does feature what looks like 2-axis curved glass at the podium level.

AoD

Hate to spoil the party, but as nice as the curved glass is it ain't quite the ne plus ultra - they are only curved along one axis (cylindrical) vs two (spherical).

AoD

You're not spoiling my party. I said it had raised the bar one notch, not two, and it has.

Back