Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Just noticing that the corner units will have a huge concrete pillar in the middle of the living room. They show up on the floor plans as well. What kind of stupid design is that? Aside from the fact that it takes up about one square meter, how do you decorate a concrete pillar? It's like having an elephant in the room. Why do they do this?

Can you give examples of what the heck you're talking about? 2 axis curved glass?!?

The glass shown in the photos in 1 Bloor East is one axis curved because it is only curved in the horizontal plane like a cylinder. Two axis curved glass would have both horizontal and vertical plane curves like a sphere.

attachment.php

You can really see from this shot that 1 Bloor has a HUGE podium, but a relatively small tower rising from that it. The floor plan really isn't that large per floor. Once you account for the elevator shaft, mechanical and all the support beams it doesn't look like that many units per floor. I think this is going to be a very tall, very skinny tower.

Curious where the parking entrance will be for residents/shoppers. It's probably not going to be off of Bloor and it's probably not going to be off of Bloor. It look like it will likely be off of Hayden. If it is that's going to be bad, because Hayden is a one way. You're going to get slower traffic on Yonge as people wait for pedestrians to pass to turn on to Hayden and even worse when you exit you've got to drive all the way out to Church which is insanely congested especially if you try to turn left to go North. Trust me I do it each day. Maybe the parking entrance will be off Bloor I'm not sure.

Curious where the parking entrance will be for residents/shoppers. It's probably not going to be off of Bloor and it's probably not going to be off of Bloor. It look like it will likely be off of Hayden. If it is that's going to be bad, because Hayden is a one way. You're going to get slower traffic on Yonge as people wait for pedestrians to pass to turn on to Hayden and even worse when you exit you've got to drive all the way out to Church which is insanely congested especially if you try to turn left to go North. Trust me I do it each day. Maybe the parking entrance will be off Bloor I'm not sure.

As someone who lives across the street and has watched the entire building process, I can definitely say that the parking entrance is on Hayden Street, South East corner of the building. Presumably though, when you buy or rent a condo at Yonge/Bloor you won't rely too much on a car, so I doubt if this would be a problem.

The plan was for 531 spaces. Not sure if they stuck with that or not.

The glass shown in the photos in 1 Bloor East is one axis curved because it is only curved in the horizontal plane like a cylinder. Two axis curved glass would have both horizontal and vertical plane curves like a sphere.
Ohhh gotcha. Thanks!

I can definitely say that the parking entrance is on Hayden Street, South East corner of the building.

You're probably right, but when I was watching the foundation levels being poured there was a circular car ramp built into the structure on the North East side. Not sure if that's were the eventual exit will be or not, but that was definitely the ramp between levels.

You're probably right, but when I was watching the foundation levels being poured there was a circular car ramp built into the structure on the North East side. Not sure if that's were the eventual exit will be or not, but that was definitely the ramp between levels.

victord66 is right: it's the southeast corner of the site where cars will access the garage from Hayden St. At that spot there's a 1 floor ramp going straight north down to B1. At B1 there's a drop-off/pick-up off to the left, or if you continue straight, then the circular ramp next takes you down to B2, B3, etc.

Back