Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Anyone know if they have completed pouring the transfer beams and if they have started to layout the rebar/pour concrete for the concrete slab at 8th floor?

These pictures prove yet again one must never jump to conclusions.

Sure you can. Like I said months ago, anyone who's familiar with the work of Great Gulf and Hariri Pontarini could make a pretty safe bet that this would be a quality project, particularly given that it's a signature project for both firms.

ybeAYyA.jpg

ikBgRLH.jpg

It doesn't look like they've quite finished yet, but I imagine it will be this week. It looks like you can also start to see the outline of the condo units from the positioning of the vertical rebar. I presume that this is what is meant by 'transfer'. The weight of the tower will be transferred through these support walls down to the pillars below. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ya thats correct, load is transferred down through the walls, into the beams. Then the deep beams move the load to the columns underneath and the load is then brought down to the footings below the lowest parking level.

I think we'll see a dramatic difference in this intersection at night when the building's finished. I imagine the stores in here will be open until 9-9:30 and some of the neighbouring shops will follow.

1bm13.jpg

I know this is a tad premature at this stage, but I'm starting to think this will be the best looking building to go up in this building boom...

I know this is a tad premature at this stage, but I'm starting to think this will be the best looking building to go up in this building boom...

Really? You think this will end up looking better than Shangri-La, Theatre Park, etc.? I'll be happy if the tower portion even matches Ice, to be honest.

Will One Bloor have a penthouse and sub-penhouses like Aura?
Even if it doesn't, I but we will see one buyer snap up a whole floor of units, like in the L Tower.

I think this will one of the most striking new Toronto condos since the advent of the boom (along with, in my opinion, the L Tower, Theatre Park, and One King West)

Really? You think this will end up looking better than Shangri-La, Theatre Park, etc.? I'll be happy if the tower portion even matches Ice, to be honest.

This goes for all people and all threads so this is not directed specifically at you DtTO but if one wants to share their disagreement of someone else's opinion, that is what this forum is all about. :) But to not explain specifically why you disagree with their opinion is not constructive and adds zero value. Regards, bgobgo

Will One Bloor have a penthouse and sub-penhouses like Aura?
Even if it doesn't, I but we will see one buyer snap up a whole floor of units, like in the L Tower.

I think this will one of the most striking new Toronto condos since the advent of the boom (along with, in my opinion, the L Tower, Theatre Park, and One King West)

I believe that the roof levels probably are not 100% finalized, but last time I checked there were 3 units (all somewhere around 4000-5000 total sq. ft each approx.).

A Single level penthouse suite taking the East half the building at 75th
A two-story penthouse suite taking the North west quarter of the building at 75th/76th
A two-story penthouse suite taking the South West quarter of the building at 75th/76th

Back