Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

4 May 2014
wcMv5Jp.jpg

h3wHbs8.jpg

HVawUTd.jpg

Dhe4SkW.jpg

4VEZoCS.jpg

Sorry to be off topic for a moment, but the Brass Rail has got to go! Looking at the north facing view, all I see is a big round billboard with boobs sticking out at me! Call me a snob (I'm poor, I can't be a snob!) but...really? Seriously, I know this has been discussed before, but if they're going to build high end condos (or supposedly high end), it just looks so trashy to have scantly clad girls with breast a bursting, plastered all over the building almost right beside it. Poor Yonge, it went right to the gutter for so long, but we're now facing the chance to clean it up with the addition of so many new projects, and get rid of the run down, gaudy, and frankly, trashy looking store fronts. I know I know, you're about ready to jump down my throat, but before you do, would you really want the Brass Rail or the Zanza Bar beside a place you just paid several hundred thousand dollars for? There's a lot of potential on Yonge, I just wish, and hope, the city puts an effort into cleaning it up, offer tax incentives for store owners who renovate their store fronts. I have no problems with mom and pop stores, in fact, I like them, I just wish they'd take better care of these crumbling buildings. I'm willing to bet once One Bloor, 501 Yonge, Aura, St Joseph's street, Karma, plus the other projects planned, are built, we'll see a change of stores on Yonge. Foolishly optimistic? Ok...have at it people, and have a good day :cool:

Hanlansboy, Yonge is definitely changing and will continue to change... but question: What is wrong with boobs sticking out at you? Who cares!? Strip clubs are cool. I would hate to see downtown Toronto cleansed of its smutty elements. I really don't want Yonge Street to turn into something precious and Oakville-ish. If it does, I do hope that somewhere in this city will retain something with a red-light feel. I am not optimistic - condos are fighting for space with all the places that made downtown an interesting place to live in the first place!

Hanlansboy, Yonge is definitely changing and will continue to change... but question: What is wrong with boobs sticking out at you? Who cares!? Strip clubs are cool. I would hate to see downtown Toronto cleansed of its smutty elements. I really don't want Yonge Street to turn into something precious and Oakville-ish. If it does, I do hope that somewhere in this city will retain something with a red-light feel. I am not optimistic - condos are fighting for space with all the places that made downtown an interesting place to live in the first place!
Especially considering all "adult" places are grandfathered. I honestly hope we lose none of them.

I was never really a fan of this project, but seeing the recent images of the glass has changed my mind about it. Wow!

would you really want the Brass Rail or the Zanza Bar beside a place you just paid several hundred thousand dollars for?
People on these boards do fret over the sensitivities of the very wealthy. Wasn't this the location that had people standing in line for days for the chance to invest? The Brass Rail's sign shouldn't surprise anyone who purchased here - they've been around for awhile. Wouldn't hurt if in the next few years they went for a more subtle presentation, but if they were to do that it should be because times and attitudes change, not because rich people are moving into the neighbourhood.

Back