Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

16 March 2013: If I worked on this site I'd eat here:

rps20130316210252.jpg

Along with Banjara on Eglinton, our favourite Indian resto. Just don't get the butter chicken. Everything else is really good. Like, ridiculously good for such a small, down-market resto.

This is going to be a game changer for this area. Nothing this tall exists at all this far north. The tallest thing currently is the Four Seasons Hotel which is 686 ft in height and it stands out like a sore thumb. To think this monster is going to be 840+ft is unreal. At the corner of Yonge and Bloor, this one will be something that people really notice.

I'm curious, has anyone seen the Pumpcrete contraption in use? It seems that the concrete is being poured from buckets with a crane the conventional way.

I'm curious, has anyone seen the Pumpcrete contraption in use? It seems that the concrete is being poured from buckets with a crane the conventional way.

No............ When I was watching them pour the first section of the 3rd floor, they were using the pump truck.

Just moved into a 14th floor office at 33 Bloor Street East. Will be able to watch and take pictures of this project for a long time. :)

From today April 3rd.

Pour.jpg

take a pic or more a day either way to have an archive.

I don't think you have to post it once a day though unless something major is being worked on. But once a week is nice.

Back