Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I would like very much if you could take a photo from the exact same spot (give or take a few centimeters) every work day, put them all in a folder and compile as many days as you can (at least a few months). At that point if you sent me the files I could turn it into a timelapse video :D

If you are using a dslr make sure you shoot on manual, write down the settings and take every photo at a similar time of the day. If it is a point and shoot then just worry about the angle, positioning and time of day. Always take 2 or 3 and select the best

Awesome idea, and great vantage point hawc. That would be a very trippy video as the tower grows considering how close the tower will be climbing to your position...

If you are using a dslr make sure you shoot on manual, write down the settings and take every photo at a similar time of the day. If it is a point and shoot then just worry about the angle, positioning and time of day. Always take 2 or 3 and select the best

I will be using my iPhone and I'll try and stand in the same spot each time.

:)

put a masking tape box on the window and shoot between it then youll know its the same spot :p

Friday April 5, 2013

photo.JPG

Or just post one every day. That always works too :D Such an awesome vantage point. I have access to a similar one on the 10th floor but its a corner suite on the north side and the building obscures almost everything, so your shots are much appreciated!!

Damn they pour that concrete fast! This picture taken just 2 hours later:

photo.JPG

What are the grey tubes they lie on top of the radar (lower right area) are they electrical or plumbing? They just get covered in concrete. Hopefully you won't need to get them out.

They're flexible conduits for the wiring to run through. They pour them in place and then fish the wires through later

Interesting. I guess you have to hope that one doesn't break or become plugged up because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they're laid down before the pour. Also, I just have to say after watching an entire day of pour 1/4 of one floor.... WOW! What a huge amount of work. I have so much more respect for construction workers after watching them for a few hours. I figure if this thing is 75 floors and their are 4 floors of underground parking and they're on floor 2 they only have 77 floors to go!

Another crazy thing? How much the cranes actually sway back and forth with each pour. I do not understand how tower cranes get their horizontal stability.

Back