1.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 8.3K     9 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Design Within Reach is opening on King Street East, in the former In Design space that was Up Country before that.

Application: Sign Permit
TORONTO ON M5A 1J7
Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 121679 SGN 00 SP
Accepted Date: Feb 26, 2015
Project: First Party New

Description: Proposal to erect and display two illuminated wall signs and two illuminated projecting signs, each displaying static copy and located at the second storey of the southerly facing elevation. One of the proposed wall signs is to be 7.62 metres in width by 0.31 metres in length at a height of 5.27 metres, and one of the proposed signs is to be 1.32 metres in width by 0.91 metres in length, at a height of 3.91 metres. The proposed projecting signs are to be 1.07 metres in width by 0.74 metres in length, at a height of 3.32 metres. **DESIGN WITHIN REACH**

ooo000ooo this reminds me of their space in Soho. I always wondered why they were not in this part of town. I like that this area is like the downtown design district.

Bay & Dundas. Big lines for Japanese Cheesecake.

japanesecheesecake.jpg

Attachments

• japanesecheesecake.jpg
    japanesecheesecake.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 901
Every time I go by there, I see long line ups at that place. I've never heard of them, so what's the story? Why is it so popular, it's just cheese cake? I'm waiting for the lines to die down before I try it.

Every time I go by there, I see long line ups at that place. I've never heard of them, so what's the story? Why is it so popular, it's just cheese cake? I'm waiting for the lines to die down before I try it.
It's not like typical New York style cheesecake. Way less cheesy tasting and more cake like. It sort of melts in your mouth and is really soft and spongy.

This is underneath the LCBO at Yonge/Wellesley.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 1Y5

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 138431 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Apr 9, 2015

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to the basement level for new retail store - "Dollarama"

Does Yonge Street north of Collage really need a Dollarama? I could see putting one near King, since there are none in the Yonge/King area but from Collage to Bloor there are already 4 in the area.

You might be waiting a while. I waited two hours today, and that was a shorter line-up than usual due to rain.

As said earlier, it's quite different from the New York style cheesecake we're used to in this part of the world. It's very light, with a consistency somewhere between mousse and angel food cake. The flavour is very mild too; it's a lot less sweet/cheesy than any cheesecake I've tried before.

If you like your desserts strong and sweet, it probably won't be for you. However, most of the people in line had already tried it or had similar, and thought it was worth the wait.

Back