174     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 745     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 451     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
The Tollhouse website says that they have locations in Bramalea and Burlington. Otherwise, 4 locations in Ottawa with 1 in Surrey and 1 in Halifax. They are all franchises (which might explain why the Bramalea City Centre location opened, closed, then opened again), but the parent company doesn't seem to have much of a coherent strategy for the banner's roll-out in Canada. I found an article on the opening of the first location in Surrey in 2011, in which the company said it expected to open 25 locations in the next 5 years (they are well past the halfway mark in that timeline, and are at 8), with Toronto and Vancouver being the key markets (that didn't pan out).

It's more the retail concourse of an office building.

What does that change?

It's a corporate retail chain store located in a retail shopping mall attached to PATH. How much more "mall" retail can you get???? The answer is....none more.

The fact that it is part of a mixed-used commercial development is irrelevant.

After emailing head office of MUJI to complain about the aroma diffusers being sold out, they forwarded my concern to someone at MUJI Canada. They got in contact with the store, and a return was brought in today and put aside specifically for me. Now that's customer service!

After emailing head office of MUJI to complain about the aroma diffusers being sold out, they forwarded my concern to someone at MUJI Canada. They got in contact with the store, and a return was brought in today and put aside specifically for me. Now that's customer service!

That's amazing!! It's like customer service in Japan - above and beyond. I hope you enjoy your diffuser! I'm loving mine and I'm looking forward to getting the larger living room version when they get them in stock. They also brought in more essential oils, so you'll have a much better selection to choose from to go along with your machine.

That's your opinion. You've stated it twice now. Others obviously disagree.

You seem a tad confused. Calling it a "concourse" doesn't change the fact that it's a retail mall, because a retail mall is simply a type of concourse.

If you have some other valid argument as to why this should not be considered a retail mall, I'm all ears.

Um, okay. I'm not confused at all. If you think that your interpretation of the word mall is binding on everyone else, its a free country and you can think what you want. I don't think the retail component of an office building is necessarily a mall. You think otherwise, and it seems to be tremendously important to you. Can't we just leave it at that? I can't say that I care enough to have a debate with you.

The Le Chateau on Yonge St (just south of Bloor) is closed..windows were papered over and a sign said "moving" but it didn't mention where...

Nope - I wonder if that builiding is going to be the sales centre for the new apartment building on Ontario Street. I saw a Brad Lamb sign there the other day.

DWR is going into the building between Montauk and the office building where the graphics company used to keep their Oscar in the lobby...

Nope - I wonder if that builiding is going to be the sales centre for the new apartment building on Ontario Street. I saw a Brad Lamb sign there the other day.

DWR is going into the building between Montauk and the office building where the graphics company used to keep their Oscar in the lobby...

Ooooh, I remember In Design now. That's a good space for a DWR showroom.

I wonder if they are closing the King West location?

I dare to dream that Crate & Barrel, CB2 and West Elm will one day open in the land of the expensive sofa.

On a related note, I noticed that Up Country has given up the back half of their ground floor space, ie, on the Adelaide Street side.

Back