40     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 552     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 619     1 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Interesting ... so that large vacancy just south of Dundas on Yonge (i.e. north of the theater) looks like it's going to be an EBGAMES ... if it's the entire structure that'll be quite large ... maybe a flagship if they have such a thing ?

Interesting ... so that large vacancy just south of Dundas on Yonge (i.e. north of the theater) looks like it's going to be an EBGAMES ... if it's the entire structure that'll be quite large ... maybe a flagship if they have such a thing ?

EB Games? Or do you mean GameStop? They've converted most (but not all) EB Games in Mississauga to GameStop so I'd be surprised if they're building any new EB Games.

There's still an EB Games in the Eaton Centre, I think. Maybe that location is moving?

It's still EB Games at Square One as well. I don't know what makes them change the name. Perhaps they just change the name when they renovate?

The new Sobey's is extending outward from College Park

sobeysm26.jpg

That statement goes out of its way to avoid saying they will not close stores. How far ahead of the number 2 retailer are they? They may be able to close half their stores and still be number 1.

Remember it is standard practice to deny any financial difficulties and store closures up to the instant before they are announced to prevent employees quitting and suppliers from pulling out for fear of not being paid. This was pioneered by the airline industry who will let you buy a ticket up to the second before they declare the bankruptcy they knew was coming for weeks.

Last edited:
Ben Sherman is opening its first Canadian flagship at Queen West and Niagara beside the Starbucks. Retail space in this area is in very high demand.

Back