1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Didn't Mr Greenjeans only move to Eaton Centre in the 80s? I thought it was originally on Adelaide near Jarvis...

I don't remember. Now. :eek: Seriously, I asked the Mrs if she remembers going there when we dated; she can't remember. We did spend a lot of time in the Dundas Yonge neighbourhood at the Imperial Six, etc.. Frans just up the street and Bassells too.. My kid remembers the MrGJs breaded cheese sticks when she was a toddler but that would have been 1986 or so. You may be right; my memory may be bad.

The Eaton Centre was even cool when it was only 'phase one'..dead ending where the fountain is now.

New shops:

Leslieville Cheese Market on Queen West near Healthy Butcher (looks like this strip of Queen West is the new "Four theives of Rosedale"...) (Used to be Lilith iirc, she moved her shop to the D.D--bad move imho.)

dsc01967c.jpg

Patisserie Sebastien at Yonge and Fairlawn (north of Lawrence_:

dsc01305b.jpg

Somethin's Fishy indeed on Augusta:

dsc00182.jpg

Last edited:
Sugar Mountain is opening @ Yonge & Wellesley. A new Brewpub is opening in the newly renovated building next to the Hard Rock Cafe @ Yonge & Dundas. Fast food joints in Metropolis seem to be having a hard time of it. Two have closed down on the lower level beside the subway entrance. I thought the bubble tea fad was mature but a new one has just opened at Yonge & Isabella.

Strata Shoes on the corner of Yonge & Gould (beside Salad King) has joined a long list of stores to go under on in this space. Gee, I wonder if the lease is high?

Does anyone know why Salad King is called that? When I first heard of it, I figured they sold a multitude of salads. When I found out it was Thai food, I was perplexed.

City Grill in the Eaton Centre is apparently closing in May sometime. Not sure what is supposed to take its place, or if CF even has a replacement tenant yet.
City Grill renovated recently too. In a moment of laziness about a year ago I gave them a try, but it was horrible. Good riddance.

I noticed a sign in the window that the audio book place at Bay + Temperance is shutting down...

Town & Country Market is opening in the Duke Heights Centre in Mississauga. 24 hour location which is great for the area. Panorama taken on May 12, 2009.

Town%20%26%20Country%20Market%20-%2005.12.2009%20Panorama%202009.05.12.2113.53.jpg

Haha I'm so used to seeing it spelled wrong, that I didn't even really pay attention to that. What really caught my eye was the E on the end of "Market"... wtf?

Back