1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 465     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Leslieville Cheese Market is opening on Queen West near Augusta close to Urban Outfitters.
The previous F/X Boutique dress store is now called "Original" and the interior is even more gaudy with colourful rainbow stripe wallpaper

It'll be interesting to see who has filed an objection with the Canadian trademarks office for the Freshii name. I'm pretty sure it's the owners of Fresh, who already in the past had objected to the name of the 'Freshii' bowls, and Freshii could be interpreted as 'Fresh II'.

The Marketing Mag article failed to mention that the Lettuce name was really changed in the first place because the name was already in use in Chicago, where they opened their first location.

I wonder if they're going to bring back some of their menu items as well. I was going into the one at Yonge/College religiously until they drastically reduced the selection

Brooks Brothers

The new Brooks Brothers in the concourse level at RBC Centre looks like will have direct access from Bay street. There is hoarding up on street level to create the entrance... Wonder how they will integrate this.

Slightly related, they are taking down the Konica/Minolta (photocopier/printer business machines,etc) signage on the NW corner of Bay and Wellington, across the street from RBC Plaza.

It's been for lease for a few weeks now..

Pretty choice spot, but for what, I am not sure what would work..

The new Brooks Brothers in the concourse level at RBC Centre looks like will have direct access from Bay street. There is hoarding up on street level to create the entrance... Wonder how they will integrate this.

You mean Royal Bank Plaza. RBC Centre is at Simcoe and Wellington.
:)

These establishments have to learn to adapt to the times. There are still lots of busy restaurants out there that are doing just fine. Maybe the days of a $20 amuse-bouche are over for a lot of us, whether we can afford them or not, but that doesn't mean we don't want to still go out and spend money.

'Adapting to the times' includes reducing stock and concentrating on merchandise retailers think'll move - the shelves at my local Loblaws at Broadview and Danforth look positively Soviet-era since the makeover; the men's department at Holts reduced what's on display on their racks several months ago, etc.

It'll be interesting to see who has filed an objection with the Canadian trademarks office for the Freshii name. I'm pretty sure it's the owners of Fresh, who already in the past had objected to the name of the 'Freshii' bowls, and Freshii could be interpreted as 'Fresh II'.

freshie.jpg

Back