1.2K     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 2K     5 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Talking of hands, I wish we had more places to buy nice leather gloves. There were a few pairs of two-toned ones the last time I dropped by Holts - on the table where that darling little black velvet ( Etro? ) vest with black satin piping along the lapels holds court and tempts me so naughtily with come-hither glances.

A flamboyant take on falconry gloves would be a real show-stopper at parties. Something with tight fingers and wrist, that opens up into great multi-hued leather folds with holes punched through like lace, and metal studs on maybe.

Don't know what's happened, but the Wolfgang Puck Cafe at Eglinton and Avenue site no longer has a Coming Soon Summer 2008 sign. It's now a For Lease sign. Did the other ones open? I know the Colonnade/Bloor one didn't, but did the one by Yonge and Sheppard?

TLS's Puck was cancelled long ago, as was the Colonnade's, and now Forest Hill is tits up.

What is the deal with Puck in this city? It's bizarre really.

Frankly I don't care if we ever get a Puck. Who needs one? We have lots of excellent places to eat brought to us by home-grown chefs, and by imports who have made their home here. Puck would just stick his name in something and then fly the coop again. I suspect that a lot of the local populace wouldn't care either, and maybe Puck has figured that out and turned tail.

The closing down sale at the Irish Shop is like a Who farewell tour.

More stock arrived on Friday. I bought four grandad shirts and a gorgeous, full-length Donegal tweed coat.

Ah, tweed ... the kente cloth of my people.

Toronto's first BENCH store will be opening in the Eaton Centre soon.

I would have thought Queen West a more appropriate locale for peddling their urban streetwares, but hey, we'll take what we can get. I quite like their stuff personally.

Back