Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

the fridge is leaning probably because the legs aren't properly adjusted yet.

I'm surprised people still like those beige countertops.

I'm no expert (been in three design centres) however, that speckled beige-e-ness is pretty typical of one of the three or four standard finishes available so perhaps it comes down to money.

THAT'S a Scavolini kitchen ?!?!?

I'm also disappointed by the lack of cabinet storage space for a 2 bedroom suite, and those countertops look to be only 3/4" thick.

Scavolini Kitchen ?

I'm also disappointed by the lack of cabinet storage space for a 2 bedroom suite, and those countertops look to be only 3/4" thick.

That kitchen is a total disappointment :( ... it is very different in 'grade' than the one they showed during sales+marketing (refer to page 15+16 of this PDF ... note: 9 MB file) ... it totally does not exhibit the 'glass' character of Scavolini

the photo seemed to a show pretty low standards of finishing (no cabinetry encasing refridgerator, 3/4" counters which is typical for non-downtown core projects, overmount sink) ... I thought the high profile Murano would offer something better

That kitchen is a total disappointment :( ... it is very different in 'grade' than the one they showed during sales+marketing (refer to page 15+16 of this PDF ... note: 9 MB file) ... it totally does not exhibit the 'glass' character of Scavolini

the photo seemed to a show pretty low standards of finishing (no cabinetry encasing refridgerator, 3/4" counters which is typical for non-downtown core projects, overmount sink) ... I thought the high profile Murano would offer something better

They do offer something better... the 'glass' scavolini kitchen is an upgrade. The kitchen in the photos above is mostly standard features.

That fridge dominates the kitchen.

Mike in TO is right, Scavollini upgrades can be very impressive (and expensive). The standard stuff is not the worst, though.

Went for a PDI on behalf of a client and was impressed by trades workmanship and customer service. A few minor scuffs, but no mechanical, electrical or other issues.

1609-Kitchen.jpg

Additional pics on my site.
I just saw the floor plan to that unit. I think your sink should be a bit more centered. It shouldn't be that close to the wall especially with that outlet there. Other than that. It is nice. :)

At the risk of bringing up 'practicality' in a condo discussion wouldn't a centred sink rob the already pokey kitchen of any work surface?

At the risk of bringing up 'practicality' in a condo discussion wouldn't a centred sink rob the already pokey kitchen of any work surface?
I agree but it looks so odd to have it different from the floor plan and why would they put an electrical socket there? I would tend to think that it would leave some space from the wall.

I don't know why this unit has such a small kitchen, it's the same kitchen as the 500 sq ft 1BR, and all the other units have a bigger kitchen.

In addition...I don't know why condo builders can't spend a few bucks that it costs them to make undermount sinks standard as well as 1.5 inch facings on the counter tops instead of charging highway robbery prices to upgrade, I know it looks way better but most people I find are like myself and refuse to be so blatantly ripped off. It would really make the units look better at a marginal cost to the builder thus improving their reputation greatly.

Last edited:
its true, proximity of electrical outlets to sinks is part of the electrical code... perhaps it is different for highrises than for houses. The other thing about the above picture that looks less than ideal to me is that your main entry door opens right up against the fridge.... ah well, what can you do with such limited space.

Back