Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

I'm still not 100% sure about the concrete pilasters and the glass shield even though I do love the tree branch motif. It all feels a bit stumpy and unfinished, of course that's maybe because it is unfinished:eek: Will happily wait and see. Again, the towers are gorgeous!

I'm hopeful that the concrete pillars will be covered with the same cladding the runs up the side of the North tower (see the pictures above) and that the weather-protecting overhangs will be installed to help minimze the contrast between the clear glass and the tree-glass.

Once those little touches are finalized I'm sure we'll have a completely different picture of the base. Bottom line: it is probably way too early to tell.

but in the images posted the base seems quite short in comparison with the towers in a way similar to RoCP.

The base does not look small in person. The art glass installation towers above you when standing at street level. I think at this point it would be hard to mess up this tower. Lanterra has been very good to us so far. I can't see them all of a sudden turning their back on design.

FYI

For anyone interested - North Tower 22nd floor PDI are scheduled for second week of April.

Move in dates for 22nd floor are first week of Apirl.

And they're doing 1 week per floor if you want to figure out your date :)

Quick Question

Curious on what view a particular unit would have. Looking to rent a unit

its on the south tower unit 407

thanks

Curious on what view a particular unit would have. Looking to rent a unit

its on the south tower unit 407

thanks

Being on the 4th floor, I wouldn't expect much of a view regardless of exposure.
At this location/height, here's what you are facing:

N - the north tower;
E - lane way and building to the east;
S - Grenville Street and Police station;
W - Bay St and future Burano building.

if the unit is on the 4th floor of the Murano south tower facing west ... I think there is some view to be enjoyed, since Burano is in fact placed in the northern portion of the site, I recall the south part of Burano's site is going to be ~2 storey retail with outdoor pool/terrace on top ... so that should leave the west view from Murano south tower clear

How would I know the unit isnt built yet but they are advertising looking for a tentant which will be perfect come the start of school year 09.

Its 407 South tower at one of the corners I know that

and what is the going rate of rent for 1 plus 1 with parking and 2 bedroom in this building or similar location.

thanks

grp: no more here regarding prices please, we have a real estate forum for that.

retail units

i emailed the builder about the retail units along Bay and the reply is that there will be 7 units but no specifics.. that means very small sq. footage for each i suppose?

The retail unit doors can likely be installed through any set of windows that are needed, depending on how many square feet end up being leased for each space.

Yeah, it's not anything major to rework a window opening into a door opening, it just seems silly that they wouldn't have just built it that way in the first place, that's all.

Yea you really have to wonder if something is up.

It really makes no sense for them to wait to put in the doors.

Even if you were to argue they think they'll have difficulty leasing the units in this economic condition (which is probably correct for the time being) I'm sure it'll cost them more in the end to eventually knock out the doors.

Maybe there doors are invisible and we just can't see them :eek:

23 February 2009 photo update

dsc01663.jpg

Back