Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

Taken today

3279766939_1603286a9e_o.jpg

I love the tree branch silhouetting on the glass.

3280588592_40bb815bc0_o.jpg

great pics, everyone....casaguy, that one of yours is a gem.....:)

uh oh, not good.

i was hoping for a row of "urban" scaled retail.

we need more stringent retail requirements in this city. there are so many lost opportunities.

Judging from this photo, the Bay Street frontage where the grade retail is proposed appears to have limited access to Bay Street ... I see only glass panels on the entire Bay Street frontage, except for entrance doors towards the north and south end of the complex

IMG_0714.jpg

I'm pretty sure there is a by-law stating that there must be a weather-protection overhang along Bay St.

Does anyone know what it will look like?

I actually disagree ... this might be a really good sign.

We know there's retail along Bay, so the only explanation is they got a bigger tenant that required all the space - no other doors needed.

Otherwise the developer would much rather sell small units to your run of the mill ... Dry Cleaner, Pizza joint ... so on.

does anyone know if they will be covering up those concrete stripes that go up the lengths of the buildings (south west side corner of the north tower and north west corner of south tower)?

Wow really quite sharp, even if they are boxes. I particularly like the top mech on the north tower, it imo looks nicer than BAC's top. I know there is no fins, but I still think it looks way nicer, its so clean.

I hate to grumble because the towers are so very pretty but I'm not sure about the base. Maybe I just need to see it in person but in the images posted the base seems quite short in comparison with the towers in a way similar to RoCP. Admittedly the design is vastly better at Murano, but I'm still not 100% sure about the concrete pilasters and the glass shield even though I do love the tree branch motif. It all feels a bit stumpy and unfinished, of course that's maybe because it is unfinished:eek: Will happily wait and see. Again, the towers are gorgeous!

Back