Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

Rental apartments are being built in Toronto

Motion — at Bay and Dundas St. W. —will have 463 rental suites with 11,500 square feet of retail space. The company also has another building underway at Queen St. E. and Berkeley St. and it has just completed 950 rental units in Etobicoke at Village Gate West.

While some suggest new tax credits or low-interest loans might spur development, McCauley says he’d rather build it without government support.

“I think there are many reasons why people aren’t building, but the first and strongest reason is that in the GTA last year there were 27,000 condominium sales. If you’re a developer with that strong a demand you can make more money selling condominiums than you can building rental residential,” says McCauley.

“Toronto did have some incentives for a period of time in the early 2000s — when they had a department called Let’s Build designed to waive development fees and expedite development approvals — but we never found a huge amount of value in those programs, so we effectively built them on our own.”
More....http://www.thestar.com/living/reale...-rental-apartments-are-being-built-in-toronto

March 22, 2012

7007596727_0a19e96231_b.jpg

6861480378_91a313a8ae_b.jpg

I'd assume they're either moving it or replacing it. Even if they were stopping construction they wouldn't leave the site in the condition it's in.

I'd assume they're either moving it or replacing it.

Or repairing it. Some problems require the crane to be partially disassembled. The crane for the first Minto building at Yonge and Sheppard was taken apart twice for repairs while that building was being built.

that's a woman's bald spot?

my guess is ttc streetcar?
Should have looked more closely - initial quick impression was I think wrong - the bald spot does seem very male.

And yes - appears to be the reflection of the person in the seat ahead on the street car window.

Back