Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

Lol pic, or it didn't happen!

Normally I don't post if it doesn't include a photo. Infact, it is a pet peeve of mine when someone posts an update without any photos (and here I am doing exactly that). I actually contemplated whether or not to even post without the photo. What I'll do is take a photo in the coming days and edit my post. Or someone can save me and take a photo and post it on my behalf :)

Normally I don't post if it doesn't include a photo. Infact, it is a pet peeve of mine when someone posts an update without any photos (and here I am doing exactly that). I actually contemplated whether or not to even post without the photo. What I'll do is take a photo in the coming days and edit my post. Or someone can save me and take a photo and post it on my behalf :)

Lol no worries, but on a more serious note I'm definitely a fan of your pics.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with writing updates, especially when nothing has be posted in a month. Not everyone has a camera on them at all times.
I'm a fan too cruzin4u, you along with several other folks here provide terrific photo updates.

It seems to be a property developer's albatross where the developer is unable to acquire a complete site and we have a stray property that more or less is an eyesore once the developer builds around the holdout. The value of the holdout property loses considerable value in the end.
I like holdouts. Even if a building is ugly, it gives a lot more variety to the streetscape. A bunch of narrow buildings tend to make for a better pedestrian experience than a few wide ones. And you never know, that property could redeveloped into something tall and thin someday.

I like holdouts. Even if a building is ugly, it gives a lot more variety to the streetscape. A bunch of narrow buildings tend to make for a better pedestrian experience than a few wide ones. And you never know, that property could redeveloped into something tall and thin someday.

I agree, it's certainly not the best of stock along Dundas W. but it sure does provide welcome animation between whatever becomes of Motion and One City Hall (a building I love) with a Longo's in it on Dundas St. Unfortuantely most of Longo's windows are plastered with decals and such which I don't like.

I am surprised no one mentioned the advertisements along the hoarding, which include a guy on his hands and knees, presenting his backside to passersby. A refreshing change from vacant fashion plates wearing sunglasses and sipping martinis, or just a rather unsubtle way to say, "rent here and get screwed?"

Likewise---the thread has been shockingly silent about the 10-foot-tall butt.

Had to be an awkward conversation at the casting session. I wonder if the model in question points it out to friends and family when they come to visit.

Taken today. A little late with the photos, but here is a quick update. Give it another month and it'll start really taking shape.

MOTION-ON-BAY-03-11-2011-1.jpg

MOTION-ON-BAY-03-11-2011-4.jpg

Northern section of the site. This is where the site is slowly above grade.
MOTION-ON-BAY-03-11-2011-3.jpg

Last edited:
February 16, 2012

Pedestrian traffic has been gradually increasing in recent years along this stretch of Dundas West. Steady influx of interesting eateries too; DonDon Izakaya, Chatime, Kenzo Ramen, etc. The Longo's is also a great convenience, I'm always buying an on-the-go meal from there when I'm in the area. Motion will solidify the streetscape as the way it meets the street looks promising. Hopefully they can attract some more good retail tenants to further contribute to this strip.

6889871593_a3731e027c_b.jpg

Nice to see it above the hoarding, and it should start to pick up now that they've got the flyforms going. That looks like a nice high-ceilinged retail unit, too. That should attract something better than a Subway/dry cleaner/Starbucks combo

Back