Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

The three storey building is fine it will be good for housing businesses catering to the people in the new residential buildings (restaurant? grocery store? flower shop?) and will contribute to dundas actually being a neighbourhood.

If all the buildings were new, big and expensive the retail life would likely be quite boring. Remember Jane Jacobs said that cities need old buildings for creativity and street life to flourish.

That lot looks quite a bit wider than MuseumHouse or Residences at RCMI. I'm sure someone could make money building there if they really wanted to. Maybe they're actually being smart by letting Motion go up first. Once that dead spot on the strip is gone the location will be a lot more desirable

i don't know how wide those 2 ^^ are but looking at google maps, this building doesn't look wider than 40 feet ?!?

The three storey building is fine it will be good for housing businesses catering to the people in the new residential buildings (restaurant? grocery store? flower shop?) and will contribute to dundas actually being a neighbourhood.

If all the buildings were new, big and expensive the retail life would likely be quite boring. Remember Jane Jacobs said that cities need old buildings for creativity and street life to flourish.

given the location so close to Yonge/Dundas and the remaining older retail along Dundas to University, i don't think the area will be hard up for retail.

It seems to be a property developer's albatross where the developer is unable to acquire a complete site and we have a stray property that more or less is an eyesore once the developer builds around the holdout. The value of the holdout property loses considerable value in the end.
In order to prevent/mitigate any claims for damages, at an additional cost, the developer has to accurately assess and document the structural integrity of those properties before construction starts.

according to @buzzbuzzhome twitter feed, the crane went up today....

Pics taken July 1, 2011

CYevc.jpg

E5CQN.jpg

ZN7jM.jpg

KXG3m.jpg

I am surprised no one mentioned the advertisements along the hoarding, which include a guy on his hands and knees, presenting his backside to passersby. A refreshing change from vacant fashion plates wearing sunglasses and sipping martinis, or just a rather unsubtle way to say, "rent here and get screwed?"

Just a quick update. I walked by the site today and they are almost at grade. One more level of parking and the site will hit ground level. I can't wait to see this one climb.

Back