Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

As it's going to be a rental building, Concert is not spending money on lots of swanky renderings. The good ones aren't cheap!

from today
20101106088.jpg

20101106089.jpg

Thanks for the lead androiduk ~

Some interesting information from http://www.concertproperties.com/properties/rental/properties143.htm:

Status

•Construction commenced
First occupancies anticipated for winter 2012

Description

Motion will be a 29-storey new rental highrise, consisting of 463 modern rental suites, along with 11,500 square feet of ground floor retail space.

This new rental building is located in the heart of downtown Toronto only steps to the financial district, the Eaton Centre, the University of Toronto and Ryerson University.

Features

Residents of Motion will enjoy extensive amenities including a resident lounge, games room, study/work centre, gym facility and numerous outdoor terraces ideal for barbequing or lounging.

The majority of apartments within Motion will be either studios or one bedroom. Suites will feature modern finishes and energy-efficient appliances including dishwasher and in-suite laundry.

Environmental sustainability was kept top of mind in the development of this project. Motion will target the highest level of the Toronto Green Standards (Tier 2) in addition to LEED Gold certification.​

I'm very curious to see what the lightwell/courtyard space facing the One City Hall courtyard will look like. I'm surprised there aren't more renderings than just that one... :(

There's no need for renderings, as I don't think Concert Properties will be signing up leases before the building is completed.
It will definitely be one of the nicest rental buildings in the city.

Sunday, 5:30 pm: I briefly accidentally blocked a photographer's attempts to get pictures of the pit - I wonder which one of you that was :)

Plus there's the one at St. Joseph (though there's been proposals). Amazing how 5 or 6 years ago it was full of lots and now it's mostly filled in.

And they're not really lots, but I could also see the north side of Scollard at Bay getting redeveloped. They're just houses on the east side, and a midrise on the west side.

Back