Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

Do not underestimate the power of the transit geeks.

Btw, I have a Phantom 4 drone, so I could have gotten the same shots (too lazy).
I should rephrase that statement. Jasonzed has gotten shot that none of us could get who have no access to domes, including me.

Anyone with domes can get some real nice shots that I and others will never get.

My DJI Phantom4 Pro drone is on its way:p The other day my previous DJI 3Pro drone was downed by a Hawk over the Credit River - it was glorious!
As an occasional Phantom4 user, you may encounter some (many) issues with flying on GPS due to the governor update. Excessive no-fly zones. I think there is a workaround patch, though it voids the warranty. All of your waterfront/West Don Lands shots from the old drone could be verboten with the Phantom4 on default settings.

OK thanks for letting me know. The old P3P drone did restrict where and how high I can fly but it was inconsistent.
No problem. Looking forward to your shots with the much-improved P4 camera

As an occasional Phantom4 user, you may encounter some (many) issues with flying on GPS due to the governor update. Excessive no-fly zones. I think there is a workaround patch, though it voids the warranty. All of your waterfront/West Don Lands shots from the old drone could be verboten with the Phantom4 on default settings.
Warranty doesn’t matter if the photos you take can repay for the drone :D

Yes, miWay will be using the new station starting tomorrow, but the station is a month or so from completion.

miWay staff was hading out maps around the station stop with notices up in miWay shelters. 2 Metrolinx staff around the GO stop telling riders to see miWay staff for changes and lost why they where in the first place if not giving info out??

All 3 shelters in place compare to none on Friday.

Will post more later with some today shots.

The City just sent this out

MiWay to Begin Servicing Renforth Station Tomorrow

Nov 21, 2017

As of November 22, MiWay customers will be able to travel along the full 18-kilometre Mississauga Transitway from Winston Churchill in the west to Renforth Station – the final station in the east.

MiWay will service 12 stations along the dedicated bus corridor from west-east: Winston Churchill, Erin Mills, City Centre Transit Terminal, Central Parkway, Cawthra, Tomken, Dixie, Tahoe, Etobicoke Creek, Spectrum, Orbitor and the new Renforth Station.

Route Service Improvement
7 Airport
39 Britannia Servicing the new Renforth Station
21 Explorer
24 Northwest
43 Matheson - Argentia
87 Meadowvale - Skymark Servicing new on-street bus bays on Commerce Boulevard outside Renforth Station
107 Malton Express
109 Meadowvale Express Travel along the Mississauga Transitway, servicing all 12 stations
These service improvements expand Mississauga Transitway service on the Renforth Station platform as well as on-street bus bays along Commerce Boulevard and Skymark Avenue.

Nov 21
As I noted above, this station is far from completion to the point riders will be dealing with trades and detours for the next month or so. The ceiling inside the main entrance has to be install and expect to see the north entrance close for some time while they finish it off. Not sure how complete the bike storage area is since it was in construction zone. The entrance off Eglinton to the east not finish.

None of the sidewalk at Renforth intersection is done with new walkway solar power lights about to be install on the south side of Eglinton with a lot missing. Other than the retaining wall along Eglinton from Renforth to the station have missing handrail and don't expect to see all of them up until the spring. Dufferin still has about a month of work to finish the Renforth intersection and a few other places.

By right, this station should open in Dec, but like other Metrolinx projects, open so they can say it's open regardless what impact it has on riders.

As it stands from what I could see and have done no checking, TTC Eglinton bus route will remain as is. Only saw a bus stop for TTC West Mall route in the new station.

miWay is going to leave route 35 stops where they are currently since they run all day and thats a dumb idea and forcing riders to walk a block or so to the new station. Route 21, 23 and 44 will use the new bus layover bays on Commerce Blvd. 87 is supposed to use the layover, but no sign for it. Route 7, 39, 107 and 109 will use the new terminal. Was surprised to see 35 is still on detour considering Eglinton is finish.

The funny part, they are telling riders at Skymark Hub about the change, but nothing at Sq One Terminal.

I am hearing the ribbon cutting could be this Friday and keep an ear open for it, considering it supposed to be on the 27. There could be an open house, but no real info or from the person who should know in the first place.

I will give a taste with a few photos now since it will be late this week when I get to them and post the 100 I shot today.
24698110528_7a595ff390_b.jpg

37682003045_f3d07a5c79_b.jpg

38570151991_2233eb4770_b.jpg

26793728509_27d3b6b9e2_b.jpg

24698105028_d7caf79027_b.jpg

38570145501_532187d931_b.jpg

26793709539_7cc4f3ddb7_b.jpg

38570140911_d2f4289d3d_b.jpg

Back