Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

It's really odd that the 35 stop is being left as is when the 35 uses the 4 transitway stations west of Renforth.

It's really odd that the 35 stop is being left as is when the 35 uses the 4 transitway stations west of Renforth.
35 is currently on detour and why it using the Transitway. Since the Etobicoke Creek Bridge has been rebuilt and open for some weeks, surprise 35 still on detour.

There is no reason why 35 can't use the new station and use the ramps to get to it, other than not enough bays. That why the ramps were built for it in the first place.

It shows this is still a GO Thing and no real thought how to service other systems well.

DSC09360.JPG
DSC09359.JPG
DSC09358.JPG
DSC09357.JPG
DSC09356.JPG
DSC09353.JPG
DSC09348.JPG
DSC09347.JPG
DSC09344.JPG
DSC09343.JPG

Attachments

• DSC09360.JPG
    DSC09360.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 445
  • DSC09359.JPG
    DSC09359.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 446
  • DSC09358.JPG
    DSC09358.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 446
  • DSC09357.JPG
    DSC09357.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 445
  • DSC09356.JPG
    DSC09356.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 460
  • DSC09353.JPG
    DSC09353.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC09348.JPG
    DSC09348.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 427
  • DSC09347.JPG
    DSC09347.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC09344.JPG
    DSC09344.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC09343.JPG
    DSC09343.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 560
  • DSC09339.JPG
    DSC09339.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 279
Interesting how the map you took a photo of, @Jasonzed, shows TTC bus connections to the subway (the slow route via route 112), but no Miway connections to places like Westwood Mall/Humber College. Square One, for example, has connections to all over Mississauga, and also has Brampton's 502 Zum. That really should be shown on the map. For all the talk about Metrolinx integrating transit across the region, it could do better showing those transit connections.

Route 35 will remain on detour until Dec 18, at which time it will stay 100% on Eglinton Ave and service the new terminal like subway stops.

Washroom on both sides and about 6 weeks of work still be done except the retaining walls and landscaping that will be done in 2018.

TTC had a supervisor on site with miWay having a number of staff on all levels and platforms handing out maps. There was someone there from Metrolinx service department and no idea why they were there or what they were supposed to do.

The bike rake area is not finish. The north entrance was open and surprise with only one person working on it. Very few trades on site to the point work could take place at night inside and deal with the outside during the day.

Decided at the last minute to do a run on 109 both way in the afternoon to get some videos and photos. Better hold on tight as you make those turns going east to get on to Eglinton as the turns are sharp. What a rough ride on Eglinton going east and a lot better going west. Got off at the East Mall and head back. Drivers like the change.

Not happy with videos and will re-shoot them and a few others when I have the time. Photos up when I get to them.

Last edited:
Holy f*** that's a tight S-curve under Eglinton eh? Woo, I thought he was gonna hit the wall turning back east.
He had to swing that far as worker were on the driver side. Also, I had the zoom out as well.

I took the 109 and the 107 today through Renforth Station. Wow, what a difference it makes speed wise having the buses go directly though versus the Matheson routings. Nice touch too having public washrooms on both sides' platforms.

The only thing that struck me as peculiar was that there doesn't seem like provisions were made for a future Crosstown LRT connection through the station (like a side portal where the LRT tracks would transition north to Pearson Airport). Maybe someone here knows how the inevitable connection will work/look like.

I took the 109 and the 107 today through Renforth Station. Wow, what a difference it makes speed wise having the buses go directly though versus the Matheson routings. Nice touch too having public washrooms on both sides' platforms.

The only thing that struck me as peculiar was that there doesn't seem like provisions were made for a future Crosstown LRT connection through the station (like a side portal where the LRT tracks would transition north to Pearson Airport). Maybe someone here knows how the inevitable connection will work/look like.
Worst case scenario, there will be a 300m walk to get to a at-grade stop at Eglinton and Renforth.

Toronto planning staff has recommended against the stop at Renforth and Eglinton, but are supporting a stop at Commerce and Eglinton.

Toronto planning staff has recommended against the stop at Renforth and Eglinton, but are supporting a stop at Commerce and Eglinton.
What the different when that is happen today not Renforth???

Toronto used to do things right like the streetcar stations in the middle of the road on Bloor and Yonge.
http://www.blogto.com/city/2015/08/a_snapshot_of_yonge_and_bloor_in_the_1960s/

Easy transfer without getting run down by cars. No jaywalking and a much safer transfer. The St Clair West loop is complicated, prone to streetcars breaking down blocking buses and the other direction, more expensive to build and takes much longer to loop around than a simple Yonge-Bloor transfer. Now they get down to such terrible designs by an on-street shelterless transfer? What has TO become?

Vaughan/York Region has done it right with the new viva rapidway station in the middle of the road with direct access to the subway without having riders cross traffic. It won't open in December yet but it's coming. Why can't the TTC/TO design something that improves rider transfer is stupid. Although getting from the viva platform to the VMC bus terminal is going to be a long 5 minute walk.

I just don't think there was enough certainty around design of Crosstown West to rough anything in. Everyone knows it will happen eventually, but with the approved EA undergoing a City of Toronto review, anything can happen. Not worth sinking extra money into Renforth given that.

Which television station had the opening on their news? Guess the King Street Transit Mall was more news worthy than some bus rapid transit in some city outside of Toronto.

Guess if Mississauga had its own television station, like Hamilton has (CHCH)...

Back