Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

Which television station had the opening on their news? Guess the King Street Transit Mall was more news worthy than some bus rapid transit in some city outside of Toronto.

Guess if Mississauga had its own television station, like Hamilton has (CHCH)...
Well, many stations covered the initial opening of the Highway 7 East Rapidway, so I don’t know what the difference is here.

Even Steven Del Duca, who won't pass up any opportunity for a photo-op, didn't show up here. Maybe there will still be an official "opening day" once the work is complete.
I have heard its either Friday or Monday and both are bad days based on how it looks now. Best to wait until Jan when the terminal is finish inside. It was plan over a month ago to have it on the 17th and I laugh when told of the date.

I should note that Mississauga doesn't have a TV station nor radio station to the point Rogers has close the one they had in Mississauga. Other than the Mississauga News, no real news paper as well.

Nov 22
All 175 photos for 21 & 22 on line now
26829817489_a7cb3b3de1_b.jpg

26829819549_2590906889_b.jpg

38573953862_ae94d621ca_b.jpg

38573956382_256f0e1204_b.jpg

26829833519_cc8100dfd0_b.jpg

38573966432_9185273ca5_b.jpg

37718575965_9fc2787b35_b.jpg

37718577585_c38bfb540c_b.jpg

38573915882_06359a3274_b.jpg

38573916752_5fc740447e_b.jpg

37718585485_e48487e567_b.jpg

37718588845_83e04a252b_b.jpg

37718590485_b35b8ab6f6_b.jpg

26829809329_7114168aa8_b.jpg

26829815619_27f65d84df_b.jpg

38606029291_cf504a1485_b.jpg

What are the platform assignments, are there extras?
1 & 7 for miWay, 3 & 5 for TTC, 4 & 6 for GO based on photos I shot and never looked at 2 & 8.

Last edited:
took a dump at renforth stn today and it really is the nicest station on the transitway, I wish dixie were built the same way (indoor connection between east and westbound platforms, washrooms) because it too is served by 3 transit agencies and has alot of possible transfers requiring a change of platform. I dont understand why the busses are limited to 25 kph in the station i think it should be 40 at least.

took a dump at renforth stn today and it really is the nicest station on the transitway, I wish dixie were built the same way (indoor connection between east and westbound platforms, washrooms) because it too is served by 3 transit agencies and has alot of possible transfers requiring a change of platform. I dont understand why the busses are limited to 25 kph in the station i think it should be 40 at least.

I think Renforth Station is designed for layovers as well. The buses are limited to 25 km/h because they expect people to run across the roadway to the other platform (even though you're not supposed to and there's a concrete median).

I have seen Ottawa OCTranspo buses zoom past at 50kph in the passing lane of a Transitway station. From the 1980s through 2009. I didn't think it was risky.

I think Renforth Station is designed for layovers as well. The buses are limited to 25 km/h because they expect people to run across the roadway to the other platform (even though you're not supposed to and there's a concrete median).
Saw that on opening day for the 109 I was on going south. We were about to depart when the driver stop. A rider ran in front of the bus to get on. Then we had a rider that was supposed to go the opposite direction trying to get off on Eglinton. She got off at the East Mall to catch either the 35 or the 109 to go 2 stops west of Renforth.

Been on buses these days that don't slow down for station if no one can be seen nor wanting off.

Got from Dundas/Aukland to Square One in 20 minutes yesterday during the height of rush hour. Then got from Winston Churchill/Thomas to Islington in 40 minutes on my way back. I remember it taking significantly longer before Renforth Station opened. This is the best piece of public transit infrastructure in the GTA.

Got from Dundas/Aukland to Square One in 20 minutes yesterday during the height of rush hour. Then got from Winston Churchill/Thomas to Islington in 40 minutes on my way back. I remember it taking significantly longer before Renforth Station opened. This is the best piece of public transit infrastructure in the GTA.

all it really needs is all door boarding. which is understandably hard to implement when there are multiple agencies using the transitway, but i think they should do faregates or something at all the stations where miway is the only provider.

Nov 22
All 175 photos for 21 & 22 on line now
37718585485_e48487e567_b.jpg

I love the textured concrete wall on the left with metal panels. It's clearly inspired by Montreal Metro stations. I wish we could get similar finishes for our Crosstown stations. In fact, I wrote to the Crosstown team in the early stages and suggested it. Anything is better than bare concrete walls station after station. But renderings show bare concrete finishes without textures throughout the Crosstown stations.

News Release

Mississauga Transitway Now Complete
December 18, 2017

Providing Better Access to Transit, Easing Congestion and Improving Commutes
Renforth Station, part of the Mississauga Transitway, officially opened today by all three levels of government. With the final station now open, the completed Transitway will continue to make east-west travel across Mississauga faster and more convenient for commuters in the region.

The Honourable Steven Del Duca, Minister of Transportation; the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Member of Parliament for Mississauga-Malton, on behalf of the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; Bonnie Crombie, Mayor of Mississauga and Peter Zuk, Chief Capital Officer of Metrolinx, were at Renforth Station today to officially open the new bus station and mark the completion of the transitway.

Renforth Station is the eastern-most stop of the 18-kilometre Mississauga Transitway and provides commuters with consistent travel times, better access to GO Transit, MiWay, and the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), and provides a service connection to Toronto Pearson International Airport. The station includes:

• Heated shelters
  • Public washrooms
  • Bus platforms with ticket vending machines
  • Information boards and elevators.

The Mississauga Transitway project is funded through a joint partnership between all three levels of government. The Government of Canada has contributed up to $83 million to the project through the Canada Strategic Infrastructure Fund. The Province of Ontario has provided $113 million towards the project which includes investment in GO Transit assets related to the transitway. The City of Mississauga and the Province of Ontario funded the remaining project costs.

QUICK FACTS
  • Built in partnership with the Government of Canada, the Province of Ontario and the City of Mississauga, the Transitway features 12 rapid transit stations along a dedicated 18 km bus-only corridor, running through Mississauga from, Winston Churchill Boulevard to Renforth Drive.
  • Ontario is making the largest investment in schools, hospitals, public transit, roads and bridges in the province’s history. To learn more about what's happening in your community, go to Ontario.ca/BuildON.

Back