Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Holy in the name of all things steampunk, Batman...what is that thing?
Toronto waterfront legend.

I keep mentally putting the Polson Iron Works close to the Lower Don Lands/Port Lands, despite the fact it was quite a ways away.

ULI Spring Meeting currently taking place in Toronto. Did a tour of the eastern waterfront yesterday. This is Pina Mallozzi of Waterfront Toronto discussing plans for a pretty impressive new park. Looking forward to it.

IMG_5414.JPG

Does anyone know when Commissioners Street is going to reopen? In the winter I saw it was delayed from March 31 to May 31, but at this point I'm assuming they won't be meeting that deadline

Does anyone know when Commissioners Street is going to reopen? In the winter I saw it was delayed from March 31 to May 31, but at this point I'm assuming they won't be meeting that deadline
Last I went by, it was a total mess. I’m also wondering if and when there’s a realistic date for new Cherry St. I was looking at the fenced off area last night, and we’ve got curbs, a utility gutter and things look graded. Cherry and Lakeshore has its lights being installed

Last I went by, it was a total mess. I’m also wondering if and when there’s a realistic date for new Cherry St. I was looking at the fenced off area last night, and we’ve got curbs, a utility gutter and things look graded. Cherry and Lakeshore has its lights being installed
The underground work on Commissioners, and Cherry is, I am told, 'almost finished'. Grading can move very fast with decent weather. Patience!

Waterfront Toronto (legally known as Toronto Waterfront Revitalization Corporation) invites all qualified firms to submit a Proposal for Keating Channel Pedestrian Bridge. Keating Channel Pedestrian Bridge will create a vital connection between two globally significant communities, the Quayside community of Toronto’s downtown, and the emergent Villiers Island. The bridge will accommodate both pedestrians and cyclists and become an important connector of the central waterfront to the broader waterfront park system, building on and enhancing Waterfront Toronto’s network of beautiful, sustainable and accessible public realm and pathways.

Through this RFQ, Waterfront Toronto intends to prequalify a small number of Proponents (“shortlisted Proponents”). These shortlisted Proponents will be required to produce conceptual designs for the Bridge based on a competition brief (Request for Proposals or RFP) that will be provided to the shortlisted Proponents. Full details provided within the RFQ.

Fwb9wvUWAAAR59i.jpg

I'm sure it's a function of some smallish changes in elevation of the road/ground combined with the angle of the camera, but the curbs don't look straight
Gotta be the elevation/photo compression. They look straighter in post 4392

Last edited by a moderator:

Back