Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Has there ever been discussion about the Keating Channel Pub and its parking lot getting redeveloped?

Some footage I shot yesterday on my trip down there. Photos will follow later in the week.

Some footage I shot yesterday on my trip down there. Photos will follow later in the week.

Thanks for sharing, great aerial footage! It looks like there are still too many old warehouses; are they all going to be demolished? In the next few months, considering that the site prep work to be finished in 2024?

Thanks for sharing, great aerial footage! It looks like there are still too many old warehouses; are they all going to be demolished? In the next few months, considering that the site prep work to be finished in 2024?
Some will certainly be demolished in the next 12-18 months as the new streets will be laid out according to the Precinct Plan but I suspect some will remain until the land is sold for development. This is from the most recent LRT docs.

donplan.jpg

It looks like the large sidewalk is being built on the east side of new cherry street - temporary martin goodman trail connection?

View attachment 479669
View attachment 479685
I think it is the new east side sidewalk. The Martin Goodman will, I think, be on west side of the bridge so it will join to the new part already open ON the bridge.

If you look at the top of the photo, you can see the trail and the sidewalk paved on the south side of commissioners. The gap between the east sidewalk and the road is the spot where the LRT will go.

If I am not mistaken, the north bridge, unlike the south bridge which has the trail under the arch and the sidewalk on the outside, will have both the trail and the sidewalk on the outside of the arch with a barrier between them.

It's nice to see my property tax dollars hard at work. And my provincial/federal tax dollars too? Not sure how many levels of governments are funding this. But literally tens of thousands of my dollars! I like what they've done with my money so far.

It's nice to see my property tax dollars hard at work. And my provincial/federal tax dollars too? Not sure how many levels of governments are funding this. But literally tens of thousands of my dollars! I like what they've done with my money so far.

WT (and WT projects) is founded and funded by tripartite agreements - municipal, provincial and federal.

AoD

WT (and WT projects) is founded and funded by tripartite agreements - municipal, provincial and federal.

AoD
...and back in the day when there was a little more cohesion between those levels of government, I gather.

A pic from that faraway land known as yesteryear....

001021-waterfront-0.jpg

Mel Lastman, Mike Harris and Jean Chretien announcing the formation of Waterfront Toronto in the year 2000.
Three levels of government it 'twas, and three it has remained.

Back