Toronto London On The Esplanade Condos | 102.1m | 33s | Cityzen | Burka

Wow... London condos is shaping up to be a gem... and best of all, a hidden gem, tucked away on the cute Esplanade. :)

Casaguy,
We must have been walking past each other with our cameras yesterday.

By the look of the number of 'faux' windows in the side of the podium I think I was ahead of you by about an hour.

Those fake windows are probably the first hint that The Old Spagehtti Factory's days just might be numbered. Nice touch on the builders part though. He could have just 'flat walled' it here to save money and nobody probably would have expected anything different.

A letter going out to future owners mentioned that the builder ended up bringing the brick in from the U.S. so he could get the 'right' look. Who knew brick picking could be so challenging. Oh, well, ..good for him!

Attachments

• picsJuly16 015.jpg
    picsJuly16 015.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 239
  • picsJuly16 014.jpg
    picsJuly16 014.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 267
Thanks Casa and Granny for the pics. I too like the 'faux' windows instead of a blank wall. The Met took a similar approach when they clad the west walls in glass even though it's solid concrete behind it.

Casa's second shot is a great example of showing how the project fits into the context of the Esplanade by maintaining the same height for the podium as the other buildings on the street. The towers are appropriately setback as well.

great pics both of you! London is turning out quite nice... its anything but dull as it has so many different faces to it. The podium on the Esplanade side continues the height of its neighbours and also the brick. The entryway uses black glass and seems to pick up stylistically from 25 The Esplanade across the street. And then we've got the dark aqua coloured glass of the west tower. A really interesting mix coming together here in a coherent way.

Thanks for the pix. Does anyone know if there is an application for parking lot to the east of Novotel?

^ I don't think so, but something there would be welcomed (as long as it fits into the 'hood, like London on the Esplanade

July 28, 2008

From the 'Dome
DSC03343.jpg

Thanks for the pix. Does anyone know if there is an application for parking lot to the east of Novotel?

ya, unfortunately not that I'm aware of, Im really hoping something goes in there soon to block out the view of the god awful parking garage/ apartment building at the foot of church.

Back when this building was in sales, they had a beautiful 2 floor loft model suite. It was a corner unit with glass walls stretching the full height of the loft.

Looking at the building now, where on earth would that particular suite go?

Back