Toronto London On The Esplanade Condos | 102.1m | 33s | Cityzen | Burka

Those lower level units facing The Old Spaghetti Factory have a pretty lousy view today. If the Old Spaghetti site gets redeveloped they'll have no view at all.

July 30

From Front St. After the prep work for the L Tower construction is over the Sony Centre will re-open for the 2009-10 season.
2720795359_2053d8ff55_b.jpg

2720795369_bcf065a3c7_b.jpg

From Bay and Front.
2720795375_6ca6db4e85_b.jpg

From Rogers Centre.
2720795381_63a88f0d8e_b.jpg

love the impact London has in the first photo!

As for the last photo, what's up with those cement silos on the Roundhouse property - is there any plan to refurbish them? I hate those things in their current state. Just makes the whole property look like its still an abandoned building.

I understand the silos will be filled with sofas for the adjoining Leon's. Customers will merely have to drive their pickups beneath to take delivery.

I understand the silos will be filled with sofas for the adjoining Leon's. Customers will merely have to drive their pickups beneath to take delivery.

Lets see if i've got this right..

So the Leons store salesman sells me a sofa on sale. They send it to the silo. I scoot on over to the silo,in my Chevy Silverado pick-up, to where my sofa should now be, show my sales slip to the shipper and say to him that the said sofa that was on sale, was indeed sold to me.

Is this what you are suggesting? ...Oh, say it isn't so. :D

Nah it's more like a giant furniture vending machine. Just select the corresponding alpha-numeric code for your item of choice, line-up said Chevy pickup and voila, instant fresh furniture to go.

So the Leons store salesman sells me a sofa on sale. They send it to the silo. I scoot on over to the silo,in my Chevy Silverado pick-up, to where my sofa should now be, show my sales slip to the shipper and say to him that the said sofa that was on sale, was indeed sold to me.

No, no. That's ridiculous and totally impractical. The way it really works is that the sofas are stored in the silo from the get-go. It's like Ikea: you shop in the showroom, pick up from the warehouse. Then you grab your Silverado, show your receipt to the aforementioned sales associate, who will crank to select the product you bought then pull a large chain to drop it into the truck. THAT is the logical explanation.

No, no. That's ridiculous and totally impractical. The way it really works is that the sofas are stored in the silo from the get-go. It's like Ikea: you shop in the showroom, pick up from the warehouse. Then you grab your Silverado, show your receipt to the aforementioned sales associate, who will crank to select the product you bought then pull a large chain to drop it into the truck. THAT is the logical explanation.

Exactly. Furniture vending machine.

And once the sofa is in the back of your pickup, you then get a couple of cases of two-four, find some friends, seat them on your new furnishing, and then burn around the city screaming at people and throw your empties at them.

Oh yes! In fact, the Beer Store is building a complimentary silo of its own, right in front of the sofa silo. Ka-chunk, a case of Fitty, and you're off!

Hmm. I thought Steamwhistle would be the frontrunner in building a beer silo since it's in the same area.

And once the sofa is in the back of your pickup, you then get a couple of cases of two-four, find some friends, seat them on your new furnishing, and then burn around the city screaming at people and throw your empties at them.

Oh that is just so "seventies".
Oh crap. Did I just date myself again?..

pssst!...So how long do you think we can keep this up before the 'Mods' move in with their batons?

Back