Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

020jdq.jpg

That astral street sign offends me in every conceivable way.

I would not be surprised if upset citizens take matters into their own hands and use pipe-cutters on those signs.

Not that I am advocating such action, of course ;)

They really are terrible. And it offends my sensibilities that they would even try to pass that off as an Information sign. There is far more ad space (and it's more obviously placed) than any tourist information.

I miss the old Tourism map-dispensers.

They really are terrible. And it offends my sensibilities that they would even try to pass that off as an Information sign. There is far more ad space (and it's more obviously placed) than any tourist information.

I miss the old Tourism map-dispensers.

I'm very surprised that city council allowed this to happen. I would never just leave it up to Astral to just design what they please. Somebody was asleep at the wheel and now the city (and Torontonians) have to pay the price.

Transit shelters I don't mind. These idiotic sidewalk-sucking excuses for information are pirating public space.

This morning, strolling down University Avenue, I noticed that they're assembling Zhang Huan's sculpture - just in time for his directoral debut with the COC - Semele, which he also designed the sets for, opens just across the road in May.

Back