Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

March 23:

6862967652_7fc5b3c2ee_o.jpg

Yes I guess they added those vertical beams which accentuate the height of the building as an (grimace) afterthought

I guess once again we disagree condovo....

Yes I guess they added those vertical beams which accentuate the height of the building as an (grimace) afterthought

I guess once again we disagree condovo....

I was about to reply then noticed the sarcasm right before I hit "post". I agree I like that the interesting sides of the building face University Ave/CBD and the West.

Those fins around the mechanicals look so flimsy! Once they're clad it seems like they could just snap off in a strong wind... hope they're well secured.

Does anyone else ever...

.... count the new towers in posted pics???? I often do... Would be a cool idea for a thread. post pics with as many '03 and on towers!!! There are so many that, you can often get double digits, and also with whats underway.... project another dozen! lol

I count 13 in this pic above.. from Lightbox.... to L!!

Last edited by a moderator:
^nice
from today

Photos of Toronto's skyline always impress, but these perspectives seem particularly unique and spectacular. The skyline appears so wide and varied, and the substantial natural areas in the foreground add more interest to the scenes. Yet currently, it's a perspective that I don't think many people see because of the restrictions on access to Tommy Thompson Park.

thats where they strip search guests and take all their money!

p.s. - Jasonzed, those are some truly amazing shots. you got some serious talent dude!

Fin-tastic! (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

This may be slightly off topic, but when the streets are repaired or replaced around new construction, the concrete is a much lighter shade of colour. Is this normal? Does it fade darker when it cures? I'm no expert on concrete chemistry, but some patches still look light after several months.

What is that white box next to the brick building??

^^^I believe it is over the covered entrance from Adelaide which will allow drop off's to the condominium residences.

I was down today and looking at the appearance from Adelaide. Sorry, no camera with me. It is improving and looking less "jumbled" as more material finishes get placed. It looks much better than a month ago. I would wait to see the final product but I am hopeful it will all work,even though I could count at least 2 different colours of marble; what appears as black granite, and window as well as the brick from Bishop's Block all along the 1 block from University to Simcoe.

Back