Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

From St. Andrews C&C yesteday in the rain

dscf0672b.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-11

You mean like the post-Y2K answer to the Citi building at 123 Front?

Well, at least in that location they tried - if only to focus the eye on the central, vertical column of glass ( walkways between offices, I believe ). As a view terminus to a major street, Chancre-La rather fails us, like Vu located at the kink in Adelaide I'm afraid.

Well, at least in that location they tried - if only to focus the eye on the central, vertical column of glass ( walkways between offices, I believe ). As a view terminus to a major street, Chancre-La rather fails us, like Vu located at the kink in Adelaide I'm afraid.

I'm getting that too, at this point in time, but I am waiting until the building is crowned with its unique hat (as opposed to the fascinator that Trump is about to get) before pronouncing final judgement. Said hat may enoble the building from any vantage point.

Aug 11
For a building to be 65 floor high and at its current 50? floor, it not making a statement in the skyline to me like other building these past few years.
6034606540_1847c3ec82_b.jpg

6034051219_855089229d_b.jpg

From Bloor and should shot the trump to show the different
6034658816_6788a27b98_b.jpg

You barely see the crane to the right
6034664376_6b8542cbf2_b.jpg

Can someone demolish one of those ugly churches in the city and build a replica of Notre Dame de Paris or something equivalent to that? (Joke, but it'll be actually nice if that really happens)

Actually IMO St Andrew's is one of the best looking churches in the downtown area. It's just a completely different style than what you see among the rest of them, being built to look almost like a castle.. (I've already chosen it as the site of my future wedding :p)

Although not in the downtown area, it reall is a shame St. Alban's was never finished.

Aug 11
For a building to be 65 floor high and at its current 50? floor, it not making a statement in the skyline to me like other building these past few years.

I thought it was making a pretty decent impression on the skyline so far. The "estates" and penthouse units have 10' ceilings plus the floors are a foot thick so the top 15 floors will offer more height to the building.

From my POV today -

Aug 11

Sure its not towering over its surrounding yet as shown in your pictures, but in most of them its barely even in the view. Plus its only just surpassed 500 feet. I think we should wait until its topped out before disscussing how much of an impact it makes. As dt noted, the upper floors are taller and then theres the roof top structure, it'll make a big difference.

Can someone demolish one of those ugly churches in the city and build a replica of Notre Dame de Paris or something equivalent to that? (Joke, but it'll be actually nice if that really happens)

ahh I hope you really are joking, I love that church !!

^^^^
Great Pic.
This is one of the first where we appreciate that SL will make an impact with its height along University. How far are they now? I believe they must have at least another 13-15 floors to go.

Back