Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

From Bay & Dundas

dscf0691k.jpg

Great perspective, Geekaroo! This bldg is starting to pop up in a bunch of different/new angles now.. tho I must admit, I am going to miss the Hot Pink! lol

The lack of detail is boring.

And 90% of the other glass buildings in this city with blank walls are not?

The only thing the west side has going for it is high quality glass.

Which, again is still an improvement over about 90% of the other glass-clad buildings in this city.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree with you that the west side would of been more appealing had it used the same design. I don't know or understand why they didn't do so, its good but it could of been even better. But having said that, in its entirety this building is still far superior to the average Toronto highrise going up these days. I'm not saying it should be above criticism, but I really appreciate it for that alone.

Last edited:
And 90% of the other glass buildings in this city with blank walls are not?

Which, again is still an improvement over about 90% of the other glass-clad buildings in this city.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree with you that the west side would of been more appealing had it used the same design. I don't know or understand why they didn't do so, its good but it could of been even better. But having said that, in its entirety this building is still far superior to the average Toronto highrise going up these days. I'm not saying it should be above criticism, but I really appreciate it for that alone.

I never said that most glass buildings in this city weren't dull. I agree that they are. I mentioned Shangri-La, exclusively, because it's pertinent to this thread.

I agree that it's still one of the nicest looking buildings in the city. I just wish the west side got the same treatment as the east. Especially since it's the most visible perspective of the building.

Back