Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Those units have amazing frames with the pillars. However, you'd never wanna open your windows from all the bus and train fumes :(

I don't think you can open any windows in this unit (or building).

Wow - if so that would be different. I thought the Building Code required a minimum level of openings for ventilation - depending on the size of the suite / number of principle room or something like that. My understanding is a balcony door counts as a ventilation opening, so a working opening window is not required in rooms with a door to a balcony.

I don't think you can open any windows in this unit (or building).

Wow - if so that would be different. I thought the Building Code required a minimum level of openings for ventilation - depending on the size of the suite / number of principle room or something like that. My understanding is a balcony door counts as a ventilation opening, so a working opening window is not required in rooms with a door to a balcony.

If you look at the last few pictures in this post by someMidTowner you can see several small windows open on the north face where there are no balconies. It also looks like the other three sides have balconies for all.

30 January 2013: It looks really imposing from about here:

20130130144528.jpg

(Need to reshoot it on an early Sunday morning when there's no traffic with a better camera.)

10 mins of page open and its still loading, for those who cannot see urbandreamers pic here it is re uploaded

hx8M0E4.jpg

Why do urbandreamer's pictures always take so long to load?

The L is having a nice impact on Yonge from there, very nice to extend the canyon.

Those units have amazing frames with the pillars. However, you'd never wanna open your windows from all the bus and train fumes :(

Not to mention the noise from diesel trains and buses accelerating.

Not to mention the noise from diesel trains and buses accelerating.

Noise from Diesel trains accelerating - while not to say it will be non-existent, there will be some, but it will be limited by two factors - first of all, when starting up from a standstill, such as at the Union Station platforms, there are limits to how quickly a Diesel engine can be revved up, without causing damage to the electric motors - they can only increase the engine speed as the train picks up speed. Secondly, there are limits to how quickly a train can accelerate coming out of the station, because of all the switches on the tracks on either side of the station.

Noise from the buses accelerating - again, how much can a bus accelerate - how fast can it go - as it is pulling out of the bus station behind the 1 Front Street building onto Yonge, and then to pull up to the corner of Lakeshore Road? Will they be accelerating to 80 - 90 - 100 km per hour there? Or more like 10 - 15 - 20 km per hour. Yes - the buses will be in a low gear ratio as they pull out, so there will definitely be some engine noise, but again, they will not be running at highway speeds.

Taxis with their propensity to hit the horn at anything stops in front of the, as well as anything that moves, even pedestrians walking along the sidewalk trying to get their attention, will probably be the bigger problem.....

Taxis with their propensity to hit the horn at anything stops in front of the, as well as anything that moves, even pedestrians walking along the sidewalk trying to get their attention, will probably be the bigger problem.....

I live right there and by far the most disruptive noise (other than the construction) comes from motorcycles racing along Yonge St. under the bridge.

All major cities do have a lot of noise. its kinda unavoidable. Part of the life style is it not? to be in amongst everything. I wouldnt complain. as its expected in a City. Gotta get over it! I mean that as nicely as i can put it!

Back