Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Crane from Backstage?
Is this the reason why construction has slowed down a bit on the ltower. I haven't seen too much construction last week and hardly anything planned for next week. Is this normal when it gets colder? I thought they would have it capped by now. Skyjacked - it would be great to have you insite.

Yes the very same. It wasn't fully rigged up at the time, and for some reason the boom was left in a horizontal position very close to L Tower facade for more than a week after the crane was assembled (see pictures on Backstage thread). Yesterday's storm then pushed the boom into the L Tower window wall on the 10th floor.

Huh, interesting.....I would have thought Superman, I mean, SkyJacked, would have swooped down to save our little baby......maybe he was on a break at the time? :cool:

Is this the reason why construction has slowed down a bit on the ltower. I haven't seen too much construction last week and hardly anything planned for next week. Is this normal when it gets colder? I thought they would have it capped by now. Skyjacked - it would be great to have you insite.

Cold weather, winds, rain... the better part of two weeks have been lost for a lot of exterior work

You’re very welcome CanadianNational.

skyrise, I don’t know what that space is for. It looks like a condo without drywall. It would make a ‘money’ small studio or office though. Someone at UT probably knows what the plan is.

It looks like the UrbanToronto party suite.....;)

From today.

20130202_134901.jpg

One more ...

Vertical panorama stitched from two images taken from Vü. Full resolution version here.

8442015357_a478b559e8_o.jpg

Frozen Toronto and L

There's something intimate about Toronto's frozen harbour. We're lucky to live in a city that offers such a unique perspective. L is going to update the core.

torontosun.jpg

Attachments

• torontosun.jpg
    torontosun.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 508
Thanks to the members posting photos in this thread. I'm really anxious to see how they top the building off. I hope the top won't have any flat/level areas, but is that a realistic expectation?

Back