Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Thank you cityzen for your response. I don't believe however that the points raised by some (including myself) are premature, but they do stem from genuine concerns and are part of the educational process that we are privileged to by being part of these forums. Some of us really want to increase our knowledge in this field and it is obviously helpful to generate healthy discussions around these matters for the less educated ones (like myself). I do certainly hope all these matters will be taken care of but obviously only time will tell. One of the most exciting projects for sure, made even more exciting thanks to the contributions of all!

This building adds so much to the skyline but what the heck is up with that failure of a podium? It's like they had this great idea for a tower but absolutely no idea how to resolve it at ground level. Such a shame!

what (in the second picture black and white) are those shapes in the skies? was it taking behind glass window and simply reflextions?

The second picture is actually a fusion of 5 outdoor pictures with varying exposure settings. I think those shapes in the skies are just reflections inside the lens due to some very bright lights at the Union Station construction site. They were still working there which might explain the slight offset of those shapes in the multiple exposures. I should have probably spend a bit more time on the picture to retouch those areas.

Here is one of the source images without reflections. Picture was taken from just outside Skywalk near Convention Centre (above Lower Simcoe Street):

Last edited:
Woah, if one of those photos don't come up in the picture of the day all hope in humanity will be lost xD

Great photos, loved the first one especially!

I was by no means meaning for you to go out of your way to fix the picture. Though great editing. it was still a fabulous photo. Thanks for posting it.

Fantastic photos. And thanks Cityzen for the post. I for one never worried that issues during the construction phase wouldn't be fixed in the end.

Thank you guys. The fix of the reflections was very easy, just a few clicks in Photoshop. Since the image is also no longer "fused" from multiple pictures, the ghosting effect on the Union Station construction crane is also no longer there. Despite all these fixes I am still quite fond of the initial "quick & dirty" B&W version.

The first image, by the way, is a panorama stitched together from 4 pictures taken from the CN Tower. If you click on it your browser will open a full resolution version of the image in which you can explore interesting details (no construction defects, I promise) of the St. Lawrence neighbourhod as it presented itself on this very cold winter night. You might have also noticed some glare in the image, this time due to unavoidable reflections when taking night shots through the CN Tower windows.

Thanks riley and the others who enjoyed them. It gives me an opportunity to show you this photo from Jan.14.

IMG_0817.jpg

Thanks riley and the others who enjoyed them. It gives me an opportunity to show you this photo from Jan.14.

IMG_0817.jpg

As great as that photo is, all I can think of when viewing it is how much better it would be with Bremner Tower, Delta Hotel, Oxford, and 156 Front St. West built.

Last edited:

Back