Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

IMG_0387.jpg

It's from the cooling systems, actually. Since office towers have so many machines (copiers, computers, printers, you name it) plus people generating heat all day, plus solar gain, they are actually cooled all year round. What you see is the venting of that heat in the form of steam.

Great shot Skyjacked !! Just looked at the www.LtowerConstructionInfo.com site .... Does anyone know what GWBt is ? Thanks (From "GWBt delivery between 7:00 am and 11:00 am."). Also, I've been away for a bit. How is the progress of the cladding installation. I haven't read about cladding deliveries for a while?

January 12/2013. L-Tower from somewhere on Yonge St. Milan Residences is also making an impact from this vantage point (though you can't see it in this image).

L-TOWER-12-01-2013.jpg

that last pic by cruzin4u really illustrates how much taller tower is compared to anything else on Yonge north of it. Also kinda sad how Aura wasn't pushed a little closer to Yonge so you could see more of it from here, but oh well (it would have been blocked out by whatever is built @ 460 yonge)

... and One Bloor is gonna look MASSIVE from here :D

It seems like they've been working on the top floor for well over a month. Any idea on when it will be complete and when the crane will be brought down?

It seems like they've been working on the top floor for well over a month. Any idea on when it will be complete and when the crane will be brought down?

SkyJacked, sir, I believe this one is for you.....(sorry, didn't mean to put you on the spot:cool:).....

Last edited:
It is my understanding that the crane is necessary to finish exterior work at the top, as in cladding. That work is roughly 20 floors below the top so there wouldn’t be any rush. I don’t ask why (there’s nowhere else I’d rather work right now) and nobody volunteers information so I don’t know any more than you do. I could make a lot of guesses but that’s all it would be, guessing.

I can say that after the concrete is finished there is structural steel to go up and a Building Maintenance Unit to build. There’s lots of cool stuff to do yet.

Last edited:
Giga Panorama

Click on image to be taken to an interactive 259 megapixel (8,828 x 30,771 pixel) big panorama of the eastern facade of the L Tower made from 35 images taken yesterday morning.

The panorama is best viewed, zoomed and panned in full screen mode.

Udo, this is great. You can really focus in on some of the finest detail with this tool and truly appreciate the stages of construction at each level. You have a rare gift.

Any chance on getting the south to southeast side?

Zooming in even more

Udo, this is great. You can really focus in on some of the finest detail with this tool and truly appreciate the stages of construction at each level,

Thanks. The panorama above was made from images taken with a DSLR camera with a 158 mm equivalent telephoto lens. The panorama below gives you even more detail, but is limited to floors 10 to 15. It was made from 55 images taken also yesterday with a LUMIX FZ200 at full zoom (600mm equivalent focal length). Click on the image to be taken to the interactive panorama, this time 289 megapixel big (22,847 x 11,778 pixel). When zooming in you will still find all kinds of imperfections in the L-Tower cladding. Let's hope the window wall contractor will be able to fix them.

Any chance on getting the south to southeast side?

You mean south-west? Do you have a good vantage point in mind?

Last edited:
You mean south-west? Do you have a good vantage point in mind?

I love this Gigapan.....Yes, I meant south west; sorry, I wasn't thinking. Any vantage point would be fine. I was curious to see how it would look with the eastern Toronto background (i.e. St. Lawrence, West Don Lands, etc..). If not, that's okay, as I'm thoroughly enjoying these.

You're right, you can really see the fine details of the cladding. It's my understanding that purchasers are beginning their interior design appointments. Having this Gigapan feature in place in the next several months should reveal some fascinating footage of the interior of these units as it's also my understanding that the interior design choices are quite 'high end' compared to other projects in the downtown core.

As always, thanks for sharing Udo.

It is my understanding that the crane is necessary to finish exterior work at the top, as in cladding. That work is roughly 20 floors below the top so there wouldn’t be any rush. I don’t ask why (there’s nowhere else I’d rather work right now) and nobody volunteers information so I don’t know any more than you do. I could make a lot of guesses but that’s all it would be, guessing.

I can say that after the concrete is finished there is structural steel to go up and a Building Maintenance Unit to build. There’s lots of cool stuff to do yet.

Well, it's good to know that we still have some excitement to look forward to.:)

SkyJacked: Your crane shot looking west across Humber Bay to Mississauga City Centre is amazing. A real keeper!

Back