Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

regarding render

Great job! WOW! its gonna be stunning! and perfect for T.O. especially ppaired with backstage if that is what its coloring is like.

`
ljly24.jpg

with all the new condos in the area i am sure that they would have had no problem renting out the retail on the TOE.... They should have figured that out instead of cutting it out..

It wasn't planned as retail, but as 137,500 square foot Cultural facility called either Artslab or the Arts and Heritage Awareness Centre - The developers had a contribution towards the facility (as well as the restoration of Sony Centre), but a significant amount of capital would have had to come from senior levels of government much like the funding of the AGO & ROM projects. Unfortunately the money never came from the feds or the province resulting in the design changes to salvage the project in terms of the condo tower and the $28 million restoration of the Sony Centre - much of that money coming from the development. If I recall corrently the arts facility had a budget of about $75 million with about $60 million of that to come from senior levels of government - none of which materialized.

OK... Now I'm worried... This thing hasn't moved in a month. And don't give me the old... "Podium levels take longer to construct" line... This ain't no podium! LOL

Can someone explain why the crane is on the outside of the structure. Typically you would have the crane within the structure and then it would move up (jacked) with the building. I just can't see the vertical column/support for the crane extending 58s.

Back